IGNORED

Don't buy from www.Motorcycle-Superstore.com

foyerboy

I just ordered a Micheline Pilot Activ rear for the front of my trike from M/C superStore. I have bought from them before with good success and also had great service this time.Free shipping at 88.00 instead of JakeWilson's or Dennis Kiek's 99.00 and great price on the tire and on my door in 2days. I prefer to buy from Jake they are only 30 min from my house and they will mount the tire also while I am there but they didn't have the tire at the time. I don't own stock in either company and I have been told I have a very good sense of humor but did not think your implication very funny either.We don't agree on this subject but that in no way negates your experience.You don't feel you were treated right and that is how you feel.Our experience is different. Most of us are just sharing our experience but it is only our experience, tho hopefully if anyone who reads this has not used either store they might get a good feel for what they can expect.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, have had nothing but good service from MSS. With that said, I hope if anyone new is looking for a reference as to how good MSS is, well just read all of these posts before you take one man's opinion out of all the rest. Yes, I shop around before I buy too. Sometimes you can get a better deal somewhere else, but a better deal is in the eye of the beholder! A better deal to you may not mean it's a better deal to me. And vice versa.

I too am having a time trying to get a tire for the front of my Gen1 thru them. I ordered one on 6/4/12, they said it would be at my home on 6/7/12. Guess what? No tire, and no notification or apology either. I have tried to E-mail them twice, but no luck there either. I am going to call them later today to see what the deal is. They do have great prices, but if they are not going to back up what they say, I am done with them also. One thing is for sure, if enough people are wrongly done their "superstore" will have to change or go away.

Sharing your experience is one thing, making an alarming proclamation is another. The title of your thread is "Don't Buy..."

Interestingly, you do not seem to have provided any reason why they would not honor the price match. In your opening salvo you state: I called M-S.com to get my price match guarantee this morning and they refused..... In a subsequent post you stated: When I tried to take them up on their offer.....no dice.

My question to you is this: why did they say one thing and then do another, as you put it? Were you given a reason? More detail rather than more ranting is what this Forum is all about... :)

It's a little m/c shop with 2 bays run by its owner who goes by the name of Ted..

Very good guy with a good sense of humor...always smiling and cracking jokes while working, and he doesn't mind you watching, like those other places who cite some insurance BS and won't let u anywhere near the bike when working on them. Very reasonable charging, and thus very popular and busy place.:banana:

:beer:

I have changed mine up to this point. My previous bike was a 900 Vulcan with tubes. Boy what a pain that is. Anyways looking forward to tubless this time around. I saw a video years ago of a BMW rider changing his tire without even removing the wheel. I was impressed. It wasnt one of the dual sports jobes either.

No wonder they are refered to as Stealers.:yikes:

I had some quotations from couple of these large places with a high overhead expense for pair of www D404s.Was being quoted around 750.00, for tires and installation.

Ordered my tires from Montreal shipped..had RosieToes install them...balanced, put new brake pads,from his shop,greased the splines,lubricated all moving connections and wheel bearings, and everything cost me a total of just under 500 dollars.:banana:

:beer:

I have changed mine up to this point. My previous bike was a 900 Vulcan with tubes. Boy what a pain that is. Anyways looking forward to tubless this time around. I saw a video years ago of a BMW rider changing his tire without even removing the wheel. I was impressed. It wasnt one of the dual sports jobes either.

wish I had the knowhow/equipment to do that sir

Sounds like some folks need to adapt different ways of obtaining tires.

E3 front: $99 to my door (ebay)

E3 rear: $125 to my door (ebay)

mount & balance: $26 per wheel (off bike, brought in to local stealership)

total: $276

Sounds like some folks need to adapt different ways of obtaining tires.

E3 front: $99 to my door (ebay)

E3 rear: $125 to my door (ebay)

mount & balance: $26 per wheel (off bike, brought in to local stealership)

total: $276

my dealer will not mount a tire that HE does not sell!!!!!!!!

My riding buddy and I own a tire changer together. We keep it at his shop since he has more available space than I do. He even has five motorcycles in it, and has more free space than my 28'X26" shop. We change our own tires and many for friends but we always buy from Jake Wilson. They always have very reasonable prices and great service. If I ordered a tire from them today I would have it Friday easily if not Thursday.

PS: We also always use Dynabeads.

:farmer:

I've learned over the years that a man can do pretty much what he sets his mind to do. When I was 17 years old I couldn't weld, cut with a cutting torch, or do machine work either, but I wanted to learn. So, I took the necessary steps to achieve those skills. I change all my tires because I wasn't afraid to get my hands dirty. Putting aside the cost of tools to do a job with, a tire change now costs me whatever I have to pay for the tires and maybe 2 hours of my time, depending on whatever other maintenance I do during that process. In your case, I can understand why a dealer won't mount someone else's tire. But, there are plenty of others who would be glad to get the job. A lot of this has to do with the relationship between you and your dealer. IMHO

I have my tires installed at a small, independent shop about 24 km (15 Mi.) away. He doesn't mind as it is more $$$ for him and I buy accessories from him as well (His prices actually tend to be better than the local dealers). Plus, since I get good service and reasonable prices, I usually try to send him business from my friends. While I understand why a dealer would rather install what he sells, I think he is missing a good opportunity for some other sales and some good P.R.

Andy

• 10 months later...
One of the things I've learned (and learned it the hard way) is to never rely on verbal statements. If it's not in writing, it has no foundation.

This. a THOUSAND times this. When it comes to dealing with a company if you don't have it in writing, what is said verbally is worth the air it is floating on. Heck I do this when dealing with people unless they have proven to me their word is good. Been burned too may times by "honest" people and their word.

Has anybody ordered anything from leather up? What did you all think? Are the leathers good enough especialy at those prices?

I have only ordered one thing from them and it was a good experince, however I ride with two guys that swear by them.

Has anybody ordered anything from leather up? What did you all think? Are the leathers good enough especialy at those prices?

I've ordered a pair of boots, 2 leather jackets and 3 pairs of chaps from them over the past 3-4 years. I've been highly satisfied with everything, and they also had very good customer service. The first pair of boots were the wrong size (my fault), and exchanging them was no problem. I'll use them again.

My riding buddy and I own a tire changer together. We keep it at his shop since he has more available space than I do. He even has five motorcycles in it, and has more free space than my 28'X26" shop. We change our own tires and many for friends but we always buy from Jake Wilson. They always have very reasonable prices and great service. If I ordered a tire from them today I would have it Friday easily if not Thursday.

PS: We also always use Dynabeads.

:farmer:

I have used RideOn. I wonder if Dynabeads are better? RideOn will also seal a puncture in the contact patch as well and it is water soluble. I had not heard of Dynabeads until this moment. I checked out their websit. Cool product.

Edited by hubbsfd