IGNORED

Female DIN connector - 5pin

Guest ksrider

Guest ksrider

I need to replace the 5-pin female (bike end) DIN connector on my 91 Venture - have intermittent connection and they need to be re-soldered. Does anyone have a source for this connector? I've tried Sierra and internet search. Sierra only has cables, not connectors. Only other ones I can find are chassis mount, not cable mount.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,....was just wondering if you knew if this connector was the same as ones on '85 honda Interstate.....My cousin has one ok those bikes and corrosion has killed his connectors.....looks the same as his....and we are having trouble locating a connector to get his radio dash speaker working. head sets work...so we know the connectoer is the problem. By playing with the connectors we could get a connection...but them we tried to clean then....and we fixed them till the dash speaker don't work at all now...lol

Thanks, Roy:fingers-crossed-emo

A 5 pin din is a 5 pin din no matter where it's used. That means that yes, it will fit a Honda (if it use a 5 pin din connector). Now, the new Gold Wings have the plugs wired a little different than the Yammie, so when you replace the connectors, just wire them the same as you find them.

Frank D.

We was thinking that...and looked at a computer keyboard cable.....looked like it was a smaller dia......but we will check it out again...

thanks.

Roy

If the keyboard you are looking at has a smaller plug it is a PS2. You will need to find a "dinosaur" keyboard to have the 5-pin DIN end. If you cut the end off a keyboard, and splice, don't just assume the color coding is the same as the bike. They are NOT on my 2nd Gen.

I cannot find the numbers now, but I went to Radio Shack and bought a MIDI extension cable and cut it. Splicing wires with heat shrink tubing is MUCH easier, for me, than trying to soldering the wires on those tiny, close together, pins on a plug.

The MIDI cable was female on both ends, so I had to buy a MIDI (double male) connector. The colors in the MIDI cable don't line up with Yammie either, so you will have to use your Ohm meter to make you a chart of what color on the bike :think: goes to what color in the cable.