IGNORED

'06 venture soon to be in my garage :)

warp1

Well, seller accepted my offer for his '06, black cherry, venture today. Extremely happy....price seemed well below what I was finding on CL and I've slowly fallen in love with the color. I think the only mod's that have been done are the highway pegs and chrome guards around the saddle bags.

All I plan on changing is adding a hitch, building/finding a trailer, and exhaust. Not sure if any on here have dyno'd their bikes after the slip on's...but see occasional posting about popping on decel. Since the harley dealer here in Cedar Rapids will give a "non-tune" dyno run for $50, I'll throw mine on there after the pipe swap (most likely to the road king mod to start) to see how Oxygen is and whether rejetting is in order. With the full headers on my Vmax...I only needed to shim needles, left main jets the same....so wouldn't be surprised if the Venture needed nothing.

Oops also read on here I need to do something with the wiring to add the hitch, so will have to research that as well...and get parts on order.

Maroon has long been my favorite color for cars...especially convertibles with a tan top. Thinking the tan leather seat I see on the 2000 millenium model would look great with this black cherry color :)

Bill,

FYI, your not going to have to rejet the carbs, you would have to get a lot more air going through the carbs before any rejetting is necessary. If all your going to do is an aftermarket exhaust, you'll be just fine as it sits, dont let them con you into a jet kit and the labor to install it...:2cents:

you want to isolate your trailer lights, several kits are available that use battery power for your trailer but copy the signal. A member vendor makes a harness you can connect to on the bench and then just plug in under the seat and that is the way to go. Your only question is do you want a 4 or 5 wire system, both are available. . .

Thanks. What member sells the wiring kits? I've come across his posts before...but I've done so much searching...I couldn't remember where. Also didn't pop up immediately when I scrolled through the member vendor listings.

Cougar....definitely will have to meet up. I saw that July 7 ride earlier. If work lets me....I'll try to make it down. Sure ain't very far away :)

Thanks for the info Squid.