IGNORED

Need help with a couple of parts...............

DragonRider

Here is what I need help with, in cleaning up my shop I found this part and dont remember where it came from, well I do know it came off of the old fuse holder when I upgraded it with Skydoc's fuse block. So where does it go and what does it do, I havent noticed anything amiss when I am riding. The second part is I lost the battery probe, I went out and bought the resistor for the probe and now I can not find it, does anyone have a spare one they can let me have, I will glady pay for it. Thats it..........

Its not a plug in jack, it looks to be some sort of capicator or something of that nature, it has heat shrink around it so I cant get a part number off of it or really see what it is........

That looks like a plug-in jack. I'd bet the PO had that hooked into the fuse block to power or charge some sort of accessory.

Can't help ya with the probe.

Mike

Ok, there was nothing after market on the bike, it is all OEM..............now what?

Looks like the J&M noise filter for the Amp to Headset interface cable YV-41 kit. It just connects between power & ground.

Only place I can think of on bike that has a provision for eyelet terminals is the ACCY block on the stock glass tube style fuse block.

Which would then agree with Rockets thought that it was across the battery positive & negative.

Gary

When I got the bike, there was no aftermarket equipment on the bike, everything was OEM, radio, cb, intercom. I didn't say the part was OEM, just that everything on the bike when I got it was OEM........maybe I wasn't clear. Maybe something was on it before I got it.......I have had the bike for 8 years and it is a 29 year old bike, so who knows?:confused24:

How can you be so sure of that statement?

The pictured item is NOT Yamaha OEM.

Well, the one discerning shape is an electrolytic capacitor and the obvious mate would be an inductor for a noise filter... meant to rid the system of those pesky ignition and alternator buprs in the battery line. Not OEM that I can see by design or attachment means but probably an early addition by the owner.

I was thinking the same thing, the radios, am/fm, and the cb all work fine with no interference, so I guess its not needed!! I vaguely remember removing it, but not sure where it was connected, the fuse box was a real mess of glass fuses and in line fuses...........

Well, the one discerning shape is an electrolytic capacitor and the obvious mate would be an inductor for a noise filter... meant to rid the system of those pesky ignition and alternator buprs in the battery line. Not OEM that I can see by design or attachment means but probably an early addition by the owner.

I was thinking the same thing, the radios, am/fm, and the cb all work fine with no interference, so I guess its not needed!! I vaguely remember removing it, but not sure where it was connected, the fuse box was a real mess of glass fuses and in line fuses...........

As I said before, it is part of the J&M YV-41 install kit. The noise filter connected across the 2 screws in front of the Accy fuse.

I know this, as I still need to re-install mine, after changing fuse blocks myself, on my 83.

I wonder who added the CB to yours, many CBs on these early ones are aftermarket, some have retro fitted Mk2 CBs into Mk1 scoots (Marcarl comes to mind).

I dont know if this bike came with the CB, AM/FM, and Cassette Deck, the deck is gone and it has the the pin in the plug to make the radio work without it. Now this could have been a standard and these added later, I dont know, but the CB looks like every other CB I have seen on the 1st Gens, and I actually bought another CB for an 83 off of Ebay and it matched the one that was in the bike already. So, question now is do I need to reinstall it, I dont get any static or interference on the radio's without it.

As I said before, it is part of the J&M YV-41 install kit. The noise filter connected across the 2 screws in front of the Accy fuse.

I know this, as I still need to re-install mine, after changing fuse blocks myself, on my 83.

I wonder who added the CB to yours, many CBs on these early ones are aftermarket, some have retro fitted Mk2 CBs into Mk1 scoots (Marcarl comes to mind).