IGNORED

My sons 1st bike.

bj66

Very dependable bike the V Star line, and a good choice for I guess a new rider. Low center of gravity, not too heavy and doesnt look like a 650. He will get many miles and smiles from it. Wish my son would have taken up riding when he was younger and I had my other bikes, but motorcycles never interested him, he was more into trucks, hunting, girls, and the usual teen stuff. He has had a few 4 wheelers but utility grade for hunting and working his property. Just as well, when he was younger he always managed to get into accidents, not all his fault, but they happened anyway, maybe best he didnt get on 2 wheels.

Hope your son enjoys his new ride, and you guys put many miles on them together.

Edited by DragonRider

I rode the bike home (20 miles) to make sure it was ok. I figured if something would happen because of the bike, I wanted it to happen to me because of the amount of experience. I think the bike will be good for him. It doesnt seem to be a terribly quick bike which is a good thing.

The Vance and Hines Short Shots are loud, but that might not be so bad. At 55 mph it sounds like the bike is really revving so you dont want to push it much more. I know it can run alot more but maybe the high rev sound will slow him down some.........Ok a guy can always hope!

:whistling:

I rode the bike home (20 miles) to make sure it was ok. I figured if something would happen because of the bike, I wanted it to happen to me because of the amount of experience. I think the bike will be good for him. It doesnt seem to be a terribly quick bike which is a good thing.

The Vance and Hines Short Shots are loud, but that might not be so bad. At 55 mph it sounds like the bike is really revving so you dont want to push it much more. I know it can run alot more but maybe the high rev sound will slow him down some.........Ok a guy can always hope!

:whistling:

Sounds like it is really going somewhere when it ain't?? You sure...it ain't a Hardley??:whistling::whistling::stirthepot: