IGNORED

Seafoam Side Effects

I added some SF to a full tank yesterday morning, about 5 oz., and later in the afternoon, my buddy riding behind me said he noticed a puff of white smoke or "steam" coming from my left exhaust on a few occasions, particularly on accelerations. I didn't notice any engine misfires or loss of power at all yesterday, and in fact, the bike seems to be running fine. I routinely add 3 to 5 oz. of SF to every 3rd or 4th full tank of gas just for general maintenance purposes. I'm also getting 40 - 43 mpg's on my last several fill up's.

Can SF cause this to happen, or should I be checking for something else?

I don't think the seafoam will do that, but about any internal combustion engine will put out a little puff of white/grey smoke when you get on it, especially after a bit of modest running all at the same speed. Just cleaning out the combustion chamber.

On a dirty engine Sea-Foam will make it Cough, Belch, Hack, Fart, Spit and shudder for a while. Can even cost you a set of plugs as it breaks crud loose and gets rid of it. With yours it sounds as if it could have been a little water?? Just guessing but I wouldn't be concerned about it. Others may think different. Instead of using it that strong once you have the system clean I would cut it to about 1/2 that now. It should keep it clean unless you get some bad gas.

On a dirty engine Sea-Foam will make it Cough, Belch, Hack, Fart, Spit and shudder for a while. Can even cost you a set of plugs as it breaks crud loose and gets rid of it. With yours it sounds as if it could have been a little water?? Just guessing but I wouldn't be concerned about it. Others may think different. Instead of using it that strong once you have the system clean I would cut it to about 1/2 that now or a little less. It should keep it clean unless you get some bad gas.

I just added some in my Echo blower and it did pretty much what you said it would do....caughed, hacked, sputtered and farted for like 10 minutes, with lots of white exhaust, but then it smoothed right out and is running great. I guess that's what he was seeing coming from my exhaust yesterday.

Thanks for the feedback.

But the bike smooths out and runs better after the Sea-Foam???:think::whistling:

With more Git up and Go!!:stirthepot:

It certainly does! Got on the throttle yesterday getting on I-75, and it took off like a shot. I was near 80 coming out of 2nd gear! (OK, it was really near 75...damn speedo!) Awesome V-4 power when you need it.