IGNORED

diaphragm size

joboo

I was contemplating changing the diaphragms on my 96 RSTC since you all made look so easy at MD, I looked at Sirius website and it listed the SD-1 for all XVZ1300 and XVZ13 models of venture, I sent them an email and asked if they would fit the XVZ13ATH Royal Star and they replied ...sure... but if they don't we'll take em back. I being an anal engineer type, sent back an email asking if they were sure as the ventures and some of the stars had different size carbs, like the 28MM and the 32MM ...the reply was they only carry one size. My concern is that they are missing the hole in the tab and the OD dimension for the DS-1 was 72MM which is wider across than my entire cover. Am I correct on this and if so does anyone know where to get the smaller diaphragms only? :think:

If the OD isn't right they won't work. Of course the ID has to be right too.

Is there something wrong with your current diaphragms? Personally I don't think they fail that young unless someone douses them with carb cleaner.

These folks also sell diaphragms, but I don't know if any they have will work with your carburetors. They do seem to have recently added a Venture diaphragm, but I suspect 1st gen. by the size.

Fail that young??? I know that there are at least 2 of them I have never changed. I have owned the bike since new....17 years....lol Thought maybe they were getting a little old!

:backinmyday:

BTW,,, that site is an awesome resource for new diaphragms...all still too big but they will fit the ventures and they sure do look easy to install..whole new method! Thanks!

Edited by joboo