IGNORED

Rear wheel removal Mk1

Does anyone have a nice step by step or a series of photos for the removal of the rear wheel? I am looking at new tires and am Unwilling to let the bike butchers at the dealer touch the bike or charge me an extra $350.00 to remove the wheels from the bike.

Does anyone have a nice step by step or a series of photos for the removal of the rear wheel? I am looking at new tires and am Unwilling to let the bike butchers at the dealer touch the bike or charge me an extra $350.00 to remove the wheels from the bike.

$350 dollars... Holy Moly!!! My Yamaha Dealer changed front and rear tires on the bike for $90 bucks.... And I'd bought the tires from Jake Wilson. Don't bend over near that dealer anytime soon.......

I just did mine for the same reason and it isn't a bad job.

Two suggestions:

1 - Pay close attention to where the spacer (washer) goes in the sequence. Mine didn't drop so I looked for it. If in the wrong place, you'll have issues with the brake caliper.

2 - Have some Honda Moly60 (or equiv.) available to grease the wheel splines with.

OK, Three

3- Now is a great time to change your rear brake pads.

Dave

I just did my tires last week

It took less than 1 hour to get both the front and rear tiers off the bike and even less to get them back on.

I do not have a lift. The one time I had the rear tire off while using a lift, it took a lot longer and was actually harder to do.

My stealer only wanted $250 to take the wheels of the bike and put them back on.

$350 dollars... Holy Moly!!! My Yamaha Dealer changed front and rear tires on the bike for $90 bucks.... And I'd bought the tires from Jake Wilson. Don't bend over near that dealer anytime soon.......

Yup. Around here most of the dealers have huge boat payments they need to extract from riders.

These same dealers also have techs that cant see that they did something wrong. Buddy went to get his bike after a tire change (he has more money than sense) front tire would not turn. they screwed it up and was bending the rotor. The tech knew this as they had to push hard to get the bike out of the shop, the dealer refused to fix it claiming it was a fault of the bike.

I fixed it in 30 seconds in the parking lot with my toolkit by removing the wheel and putting the spacer on the CORRECT side of the wheel. No dealer will ever touch my bike, they only employ idiots in the service department.

Yup. Around here most of the dealers have huge boat payments they need to extract from riders.

These same dealers also have techs that cant see that they did something wrong. Buddy went to get his bike after a tire change (he has more money than sense) front tire would not turn. they screwed it up and was bending the rotor. The tech knew this as they had to push hard to get the bike out of the shop, the dealer refused to fix it claiming it was a fault of the bike.

I fixed it in 30 seconds in the parking lot with my toolkit by removing the wheel and putting the spacer on the CORRECT side of the wheel. No dealer will ever touch my bike, they only employ idiots in the service department.

That's what happens when they hire techs and pay them minium wage.... And then when biz falls off they raise the hourly to make up the difference until their service dept is empty, and they go out of business, and then they wonder what the h3ll happened??? :bang head: