IGNORED

Need help with 2 sided tape

tufftom4

Some idiot PO put some silly fishy things on the saddle bags with 2 sided tape now I washed it and peeled them off and now I have scratched the paint trying to get the glue off, does anyone have a solution to get the glue off without scratching the paint ? AND WHO WOULD RUIN A PAINT JOB AND PUT STUPID THINGS ON IT.........

WD 40 or simular type light oil works pretty good. You need a clean rag to work with as you spray on and gunk comes off it will smear back on if you dont rotate the rag. The scratches now might be a bit more of a problem. Maybe some good quality wax like a maguires or something will get alot of them. Next time a little heat from a hair dryer will soften to glue up and wont be as much of a chore.:080402gudl_prv:

I used GOO GONE to remove what was left of some deer whistles PO had on top of lower cowling takes some patience but it will finally get it off.

After that I would use some Meguires Scratch X again takes patience I even used my HF 6" orbital polisher and removed all the little spider webs and discoloration on the tank when I removed the safety sticker. I ride a midnight and black shows everything and I was well pleased with the results I achieved but it takes multiple coats of the scratch x just stay with it and you will get it. :080402gudl_prv:

WD 40 will take it off very easily and will not damage the paint.. Spray some on a rag, hold the wet spot of the rag on the glue for 15 seconds and wipe... Its gone..If you need practice on how to wash and wax the area, come practice the washing and waxing lessons on my bike.. :whistling::twing:

Peanut Butter works great. I use creamy peanut butter to remove the sticky stuff.

Ya know, if you take a slice of rye bread with seeds and spread the peanut butter on thick, it makes a nice abrasive pad, especially if you use chunky peanut butter.

:whistling::rotfl: