IGNORED

chain for girlfriend

playboy

A girlfriend of ours needs a new chain and she is on a budget what would be a good brand of chain without spending a arm and a leg. Shop quoted her 300 bucks installed but I'm pretty sure I can put it on.

1999 Honda VLX 650 or 600 cc

Thanks

Vince,

I installed a chain on one of the Michigan crews bike who rode with us. It was a VLX 600, I dont recall what chain mfgr I used, but I went with a sealed o ring chain. It was a little more money, but worth it not to have as much maintenance. The $300 quoted may not be too far out of line as a good quality chain can run you over $100, and it's every bit of a solid hour or better for the install as you have to completely remove the rear wheel assembly. Not that you dont know, but make sure that you true the wheel assembly to the bike when reinstalling it...:2cents:

Guest scarylarry

When I do my alignment, I match the marks up then use a depth gauge on the marks where the slots are I find them off 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn...

You ever done this?

Black, chrome or the fuzzy fur covered ones :rotf::rotf::rotf:?

After "assembly, installation, and final testing, I really dont think you would care .......

you pervert..:rasberry:

I would however stay away from the chrome ones... only one more thing that you need to wax..