IGNORED

Bad accident yesterday, lost a rider.

timgray

Lost a fellow rider yesterday.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2012/06/muskegon_motorcyclists_involve.html#incart_river_default

Car driver crossed the center line and mowed down 10 of 12 riders in a group killing one and injuring 9.

All the riders are from my town and the local club.

Remember, the cars are trying to kill us.

I am very sorry for your loss. Yes, the cagers are out to get us. I had a cager cross the center line on a two lane county road on Monday of this week. I was able to ride to the grass shoulder and avoid the collision. The driver kept going and was still over the centerline farther down the road when I looked back at the car.

:farmer:

This happened very near where I live. Tragic beyond words. It appears the car driver was pulling out to pass another car and apparently didn't see the bikes. The pictures are horrific as the car is completely demolished. And you can imagine the damage to the bikes.

Prayers and God's Speed to the Michigan riders (and the car driver - he is critically injured also).

It does not appear that alcohol was a factor (preliminary) and all the riders were wearing helmets.

RR

Edited by RedRider

So tragic. Prayers for everyone and that no other deaths are reported.

What is hard to understand is you have a full line of bikes with lights on (I'm fairly certain they would be anyhow) yet the car drivers still fail to see the bikes.:confused24:

Larry

Sorry to hear this.Had a similar one about a year ago not far from where I live.Exept 3 riders where killed coming back from sturgis and were hit head on by a drunk driver who just got back on the highway from buying more beer at a liquor store at 9:00 A.M. and someone had already called the police and reported this guy drunk minutes before the accident.

Very sad to hear about this. My wife's sister lives in Muskegon. She doesn't ride but knows alot of people in the community.

I typically feel safer on rural roads and relax more than when riding in town. This is very disturbing. God Bless ALL.

RSTDdog

Found this today.

A fund for the motorcyclists and families involved in the incident in which nine members of the Muskegon Motorcycle Gang were injured and one killed May 31 in Wisconsin has been set up nationwide at PNC Bank.

Muskegon resident Ame Matuzeski, a lifelong friend of many of the 12 motorcyclists involved in the accident, created the fund to help with medical costs and other expenses. Donations can be made to the “MMG Motorcycle Tragedy Fund” at any PNC Bank location nationwide.

Local PNC Bank locations include 715 Terrace St., 1453 E Laketon Ave., 3035 Heights Ravenna Road and 821 W Broadway Ave. in Muskegon.

A dozen motorcycles, all members of the Muskegon Motorcycle Gang, were traveling northbound on U.S. 151 near the town of Taycheedah, Wis., just before 3 p.m. May 31 when a southbound car crossed the centerline and collided with 10 of the 12.

There is currently not an online option for donations, though Matuzeski said there may be on in the future. She said the fund was established to have a central, national fund for collecting donations.

News Video http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-reports-12-michigan-motorcyclists-involved-in-fatal-crash-20120531,0,4247941.story

“We just want to have one spot where people could donate,” she said, adding she has heard from Wisconsin residents unaffiliated with the motorcyclists who wished to donate.

For more information or to arrange a donation pickup contact Matuzeski at Ame.Matuzeski@Gmail.com.

Edited by ragtop69gs

Prayers for all of those involved. I seen today that the body of the one fatality arrived on the ferry. Considering what happened, it could have been alot worse.

Have you heard when/where the funeral will be?

No I haven't heard about any arrangements. The fact that only one was killed was a miracle.