IGNORED

aux. power coming on with key off

Iv'e looked through page after page,and can't find anybody having my problem. I can turn the key off of my 2002 RSV and put it on the kick stand and walk away, and the next thing you know the radio and my GPS that is plugged into my 12v outlet comes on. I can get back on the bike push the starter button, it won't start then I can set it back on the stand and it go's back off. All with the key in my hand. After standing it up, and it coming back on,then setting it back on the stand,and it going back off several times it stays off. Now it has set for a few days I get on the bike stand it up and it comes on. I start it, the battery is charged I turn it off and the radio and GPS is still on after the key is out. I lean the bike over on the stand it go's off.

I don't know a whole lot about your problem other than what you said, but to me it sounds like your ignition switch is going bad. You may can take it apart and clean it out, I don't know. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. Good luck and let us know how you get it fixed.

Check to be sure you turned the switch ALL THE WAY off. The key will come out of mine with the switch in ANY position. Don't know how many times I have removed the key only to realize the switch is still in the ACC position.

I’m not familiar with the 2 gens, but I had a problem with my 87 would keep running without the key “at times”. Finally found a connector to the rectifier had a intermittent short in the connector. These two wires Red and Brown and going the rectifier. The brown wire on mine feed several things the fuse box the red came off the battery. Looked like the connector had gotten warm in the past.

Good luck

Thanks for the help,and yes ignition is off I it switched it on and off several times and it still stays on until you lean it over on the stand. It may be the ignition switch, but it don't make sense because I don't have any problems while I'm riding it. I'm going to start running down the aux. wiring and see where it takes me. I will post what was wrong with it when I solve the problem. Thanks again :)