IGNORED

surprised

Sailor

She'll need lots of energy... a simple hummingbird feeder works fine and keeps the attention nearby.... simply use a 5-1 mixture of water and granulated sugar. Stay away from the prepared red junk, it's harmful to the egg.

Like anything in nature, they get a lot more protective when the eggs are ready to hatch... expect more than a few buzzings... and enjoy them! Marvelous little creatures!

I usually feed them a 1-1 mixture of sugar and water I like to feed the the high octaine, Yep amazing little creatures, and after while they will get use to you being around

That's interesting. I've read that you should NOT feed them sugar and water but only the hummingbird mix. Don't remember where I read it but the article said that sugar and water doesn't have the vitamins and etc. that they need. For that reason, I've always bought the mix. I'll have to look into that and reconsider.

From what I understand, buying that stuff from the store only empties your pocketbook faster and doesn't really do anything more for the bird than a PROPER MIX of sugar and water.

4 parts water

1 part sugar

heat the solution and mix well (sugar mixes better in a hot liquid)

allow to cool before putting in feeder.

When I went out to get the morning paper a hummingbird buzzed me. When I looked around I found it had built a nest in some old wind chimes a few feet from our front door. Nice!

:worthless:

Gonna set up a nest cam on the internet so we can all watch?

My grand parents had an old window fan with no screens and the hummingbirds use to come in for my grandmothers plants. I never seen one actually come through the fan but that is the only way I could figure they could get in.

Got a feeder on the other side of the house. I use 3 parts water to 1 part sugar.

Don't have the knowledge or skills to do photos. It is under my bedroom window so a web cam would be easy if I knew anything about them. Interesting thing is the chime spells out "Welcome" and the nest is right on the "L".