IGNORED

Passing lights mounts

My 09 tour deluxe head light needs to be supported on the bottom, to the light bar to prevent shaking. I ordered the light bar [ part # STR-4NK35-10-01] and [sealed beam lamps [#STR-4NK35-10-00]. My question is which mounting hardware do i need,i can't find the right part # for a 09 tour deluxe. All i could find is a # for 06 and older. P.S. My 09 has the quick release windshield, if that makes a differance. :confused07:

The part number for 05-09 Royal Star Tour Deluxe Passing Lamp Mount is STR-1D635-40-00. http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/433/1812/11878/all/1/2557/0/detail.aspx

According to the part numbers in your post, unless its a typo, You ordered a set of sealed beam passing lamps and a set of Halogen Passing lamps. You did not order a mount based on the numbers at the link above.

STR-4NK35-40-01 is the part number for the early Royal Star Mount 96-01. I do not know what is different about it, but Yamaha would not have changed the Part Number if it would work on the newer Royal Stars (05 -09).

1D6 is the model code for the 05-09 RSTD. 4NK is the model code for the early Royal Star (1996-2001). Part numbers for the SAME part with unique model codes typically do not interchange.Would be nice if it worked since the 4NK mount is cheaper than the 1D6 mount.

The actual Star paper Accessory catalog at the dealer is more clear and easier to figure out what goes with what than the online accessory info at Yamaha's website. The link above shows what you need.

RSTDdog

Edited by RSTDdog
Added link and clarified info

Thanks for the right numbers, ordered the bar and lights today, should be here in a few weeks. I'll try to post some pic,s when i have everything installed. Thanks again.:fingers-crossed-emo