IGNORED

My first Trike trip

alwrmcusn

Just under two weeks with the new trike and we just today returned from a four day ride down the Natchez Trace. The trike handled great. Thanks to Hannigan Trikes and to Randy at Volunteer Cycles and Trikes for doing the conversion. The trike rides even smoother than the two wheeler. Too bad my MPG dropped from 45/46 to 32 MPG. Oh well. We even had enough (barely (smile)) luggage space for my wife! Met some STAR members along the Trace near Jackson, MS. Natchez was terrific, crossed the Mississippi into Vidalia, LA. Great trip with some super friends who rode with us.

Glad to hear you made the switch and love it. Anyone that thinks they are going to have the same mpg on 3 wheels as they did on 2 is delusional. I made the switch 10 yrs ago. At the time my car (vw diesel & toyota highlander) got better mpg than my trike. Now my highlander is equal, but not as much fun.. I only wish I had put a little more thought in the process and fabricated an auxiliary fuel tank into the conversion. Enough about me................DO NOT let the @$$hole comments and statements of, " "WHEN I GET TO OLD TO RIDE I'LL SWITCH TO A TRIKE." They do not know what they are missing in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

My time is coming soon nenough Cugar, soon enough!!!

I'm going be switching to 16" rims and increase the tire diameter about 1" later on. Hopefully the larger diameter will make the RPM's at 75MPH lower enough to improve highway MPG's..,.

Small update on the trike info:

I only used the bike's main tank for the Natchez Trace ride. Made it easier to keep track of the gas while I figured the mileage.

Two days ago I rode up to Alcoa Good Times (my original dealer) to order a small part. On the way back home I pushed the button to transfer from aux to main. It worked as it should and was much faster than I had been led to believe. In about a minute I went from one bar on the gauge to about 3/4 or better. I'm guessing that between the two tanks I should easily get more miles than our butts can take before a short stop! :big-grin-emoticon: