IGNORED

Suzuki Fuel Petcock/Seat Cover

Squidley

Need some input from the brethren here...

I am fixing up Zipcodes '89 Suzuki VS750 Intruder, It needs the fuel petcock screen replaced. I have looked several places on the web, but haven't found just the screens, the petcock works fine. Does anyone know of a place to purchase just the screen, or am I going to have to morf something up :confused24:

While I'm at it, the seat needs to be recovered, any insight on where to just purchase a cover to put over the seat?

Need some input from the brethren here...

I am fixing up Zipcodes '89 Suzuki VS750 Intruder, It needs the fuel petcock screen replaced. I have looked several places on the web, but haven't found just the screens, the petcock works fine. Does anyone know of a place to purchase just the screen, or am I going to have to morf something up

:confused24:

While I'm at it, the seat needs to be recovered, any insight on where to just purchase a cover to put over the seat?

Can you eliminate the screens and just put a small inline fuel filter on instead??:think:

:080402gudl_prv: Craig

Can you eliminate the screens and just put a small inline fuel filter on instead??:think:

This was my first thought as well. Get rid of the screen and use an inline filter. That way small pieces of rust will not plug up the screen.

This was my first thought as well. Get rid of the screen and use an inline filter. That way small pieces of rust will not plug up the screen.

I have considered that, but this bike doesn't have a gas gauge, and without the 2 different heights on the screens, the reserve is useless, when you run out of gas....your out.

Thanks for the insight fellas, do appreciate it :thumbsup2:

You may also want to check out a Yamaha Raptor 660 fuel valve.

A little googling shows a couple applications where various Suzuki folk change out their diaphragm style fuel valves for the Raptor ones.

You could probably even buy one locally and return it if it doesn't fit instead of dealing with someone online.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3667/img0960a.jpg

I have considered that, but this bike doesn't have a gas gauge, and without the 2 different heights on the screens, the reserve is useless, when you run out of gas....your out.

Thanks for the insight fellas, do appreciate it :thumbsup2:

From what I hear Dave knows how to run out of fuel even with a reserve so it shouldn't matter.

You may also want to check out a Yamaha Raptor 660 fuel valve.

A little googling shows a couple applications where various Suzuki folk change out their diaphragm style fuel valves for the Raptor ones.

You could probably even buy one locally and return it if it doesn't fit instead of dealing with someone online.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3667/img0960a.jpg

Thanks Forrest, I'll check into that, it looks like it might just work if the diameters of the holes are correct

:thumbsup2: