IGNORED

Oh hai! New RSTD rider/board member from NY :)

RSTardeD

Title sums it up! I just sold my suzuki GSXR in favor of what I like to think of as a limo on two wheels. Picked up my 2005 RSTD 2 nights ago and I am in LOVE. My girl loves to ride as well but hated the back of the GSXR. After one quick trip to get acquainted we are both hooked.

Look forward to learning as much as I can here and more important find some cool people to ride with.

We are located on LI but ride all over the Pocono /Catskill area.

Have a feeling this forum is the best $12 accessory ill get for my rstd.

Title sums it up! I just sold my suzuki GSXR in favor of what I like to think of as a limo on two wheels. Picked up my 2005 RSTD 2 nights ago and I am in LOVE. My girl loves to ride as well but hated the back of the GSXR. After one quick trip to get acquainted we are both hooked.

Look forward to learning as much as I can here and more important find some cool people to ride with.

We are located on LI but ride all over the Pocono /Catskill area.

Have a feeling this forum is the best $12 accessory ill get for my rstd.

Wecome to the site. You are right, it will be the best money you spend on the bike. Check out the calendar for meet and eats and get togethers. There is a large rally in western NY the end of July. You will find a wealth of info about your bike here and if you have a question just ask.

Welcome from the other end of NY. Got to have pictures, wheres the pictures? Now that you are a paying member you are required to attend the VR international rally. July 22 thru 26 in chaffee NY. You can find the registration info on the events calender. OH, just kidding about the required thing. If you can make it you will get to meet some of the best folks you will ever have the pleasure knowing.

Welcome from Upstate! the Finger lakes area. Some of us are heading to Americade next week Will you be going? Also the International is being held here in New York in August by Big Tom and Tater's. I highly recommend you friend Tom and Bongo Bob and Me amongst others! The Tartan terror is down your way I think and a few others. Check out the members list to see who may be close. and welcome! You're right that $12 buck is money very well spent! Phil. PB&J

Unfortunately I will be out of the states from June 7th to July 24th.......after that I look forward to attending as many meet and eats, rallies, and group rides as possible.

Really wish I could make it to FreeBirds Maintenance day as well as the International.......especially since I am mechanically challenged and don't own any tools but the ones that came with my bike.

I read the entire owners manual front to back yesterday and the scheduled maintenance is scaring the crap outta me......though the bike I purchased only has 5k on the clock so hopefully nothing major besides oil change and checking fluid levels for another few k.

Though I am tempted to Seafoam my carbs already after a lil reading.:fingers-crossed-emo

Yes, with the very low mileage on the bike, I would definitely run some Sea Foam through it. Also, since you have been on a sports bike, the easiest way to improve the performance on your bike is to swap the rearend out for a V-Max or FJR. It is about 10% lower in gearing than what you have and what you have is geared very high. Your 4th and 5th gears will be much more usable and these bikes don't like to be lugged around.

Then, when you feel froggy, find you a 1st gen to pick on.:whistling:

RandyA

Yes, with the very low mileage on the bike, I would definitely run some Sea Foam through it. Also, since you have been on a sports bike, the easiest way to improve the performance on your bike is to swap the rearend out for a V-Max or FJR. It is about 10% lower in gearing than what you have and what you have is geared very high. Your 4th and 5th gears will be much more usable and these bikes don't like to be lugged around.

Then, when you feel froggy, find you a 1st gen to pick on.:whistling:

RandyA

Yeah them 1st Gens are easy....:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

from what ive been told stay far away fromBig Tom if you have any icecream :whistling::confused24: welcome aboard :bighug:i know its the best 12 bucks ive spent and these guys are the best when i comes to knowing these bikes[/QUOTte

Hey, did anyone ever tell you the rule that the newbe buys ice cream for everyone the first time out with the group? Really , its a rule written here somewhere......:whistling: :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

from what ive been told stay far away fromBig Tom if you have any icecream :whistling::confused24: welcome aboard :bighug:i know its the best 12 bucks ive spent and these guys are the best when i comes to knowing these bikes[/QUOTte

Hey, did anyone ever tell you the rule that the newbe buys ice cream for everyone the first time out with the group? Really , its a rule written here somewhere......:whistling: :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

=) I'll ride with you to DQ any day of the week

Woohoo! Rode from LI today all the way to Catskill NY, followed by Germantown, woodstock, Harriman Park, and a few other places I forgot. All in all clocked about 420 miles on the bike......I am in love :173: