IGNORED

Saddle bag lid covers

I just received my Russell Day Long seat. My wife and I have a trip to North Carolina planned in July - we live in Delaware. Nanci over at Ace High Leathers is making a set of saddle bag lid covers for me. Once all is done I'll post a picture. I had a trunk project started but didn't finish until I saved the money for the seat. Trunk has a back rest so wanted to be able to align with Mama's needs for comfort. Anyone have experience with Ace High? Thus far they have been very cooperative trying to coordinate with Russell to get a color / texture match.

They are talked about well on another fourm I frequent. I have been interested in some railes to go on the top of the bag that you could bugee a rain suit or something to. But I havent seen any for our bikes. A couple have told me they used HD rails but cant tell me what model it fits. Good luck with your endevor and post som pics when you get them.

Rich,

One of our Texas members, oldschool, has had Ace High do some leather goods on his '03 RSV. He was extremely happy and the workmanship was great. I saw the tank bib they made and it really looked good, I dont think you'll have any worries with them.

I have been thinking about rails to go on the top of the bags so I could stash rain gear or something there on a trip and still have room in the bags. If the covers have some way to tie things down this might be an option. Plus side would be no big scratches on the bags from someones foot clobering them when they get on. :whistling: