IGNORED

I need a part..........

DragonRider

Got the bike running like it should, I couldnt believe how quick it settled down to a nice idle. But now I need a rear master brake cylinder, this one is leaking and I cant get it to pump enough pressure to get any pedal to the rear brake at all. So, if anyone has one laying around for a 83 1st. gen.......shoot me a price...........I looked on fleabay, but they want way too much, and I cant wait for an auction to end. I wanna get the beast back together and ride, I forgot what it like to ride a big old bike like the Venture..........

Bob I can wait a few days, just dont want to wait on ebay, only auctiont there for one was just started. How much, and do you want the old one in exchange?

If you can wait for me to finally get one shipped, I ashould be able to help you out Louis!

You don't need the resovoir, right? I should have one already rebuilt...

Thanks Bob, at least let me pay for the shipping. You got a list of what you got, maybe I could use something else and I would gladly pay for it.

No, I'm trying to get rid of 1st gen parts. I'll try to get it into the mail tuesday...

a right front upper and lower fairing in two tone blue would be nice, seems a bike that was previously laid down on the right side and spidercracked and a leaking master cylinder don't mix. And if one of those 83's is a lower production number with the higher gear ratio I would be happy to buy the final drive out of it. I think that would make skipping second gear a little easier.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

And if one of those 83's is a lower production number with the higher gear ratio I would be happy to buy the final drive out of it.

What is the source of this information ??

Have never heard this one before. The VMax & FJR final drives have different gearing for sure.

Gary

a right front upper and lower fairing in two tone blue would be nice,

I've got complete plastic for an 87 2 tone blue, hope that would meet your colors, you coming to MD where I don't have to ship it??

It's easy to fix 2nd gear in these, just takes a bit of time....

I've got complete plastic for an 87 2 tone blue, hope that would meet your colors, you coming to MD where I don't have to ship it??

It's easy to fix 2nd gear in these, just takes a bit of time....

I wish I could, but it just isn't possible. If you would ship there would be no hurry and I would pay for everything of course.

What is the source of this information ??

Have never heard this one before. The VMax & FJR final drives have different gearing for sure.

Gary

This is from an old thread from Earl's rear drive swap; Now, this is for all who are wondering about the 83'VR final drives.

As Yamaha entered the race to compete against the goldwing, It produced the 1983 VR and they used higher lift cams and the "VMAX" final drive. The 83'VR final drive has smaller bearings for the ring and pinion gears and holds less gear oil than the later model VR final drive. Somewhere along the way they realized they had created a "Monster" and due to some final drive failures decided to tone down the gear ratio and redesign the final drive pumpkin with bigger bearings and larger fluid capacity.They thought they had the 83'VR "reined in" by using the smaller bore Carbs. but as it turned out that 1200 motor was getting plenty of fuel! In 1985 when the VMAX was introduced, Yamaha already knew about the benefits of the VMAX gear ratio from the 83'VR and put that gear ratio in the redesigned final drive pumpkin. I have actually seen a few VMAXs with the smaller 83'VR final drive in them from the factory. They usually didn't last long. By the time the 1984 production run started, all of the 84' and up VR's had the "taller" gear set that we all have till the last year in 1993. So if you are one of the lucky ones that has an early production 83'VR, your bike was the "testbed" for the VMAX! How cool is that!?!?

I hope this clears things up for everyone.

Earl