IGNORED

I am officially a retired person!

Yama Mama

Today was officially my last day of working as a nurse in a school for 22 years. I cannot say I can tell the difference yet. It is still not real to me. I know when it becomes August and I do not have to get ready to go back, I will suddenly say to my self, Hey this is going to be great! Except of course, I will never shop again. Hehehehehe!

Yama Mama:smile5:

Today was officially my last day of working as a nurse in a school for 22 years. I cannot say I can tell the difference yet. It is still not real to me. I know when it becomes August and I do not have to get ready to go back, I will suddenly say to my self, Hey this is going to be great! Except of course, I will never shop again. Hehehehehe!

Congrats, but look at all the time you will have to do what u could never do before.... ENJOY, I semi-retired in Sept... I work when I want as long as I want & I LOVE it.. Hope you enjoy it too...

:fingers-crossed-emo:cool10::080402gudl_prv:

Congratulations on your retirement.27th of June is my retirement day.After 2 years of unemployment and 2 1/2 years of unemployment for my wife it will be nice to have a few dollars in the pockets again.Now it's time to sell all my bikes and hit the road.

Congratulations for your retirement, but I have news for you: You will be so busy from now on that you will wonder how you ever found time to have an actual job. Enjoy every day!

Congrats on retiring Peg, I told my Mom when she was eligible to get SS to do it. Fortunately she and my step dad bought a foreclosure very cheap in Michigan and are renting it out after they renovated it. This gave them the income they needed for her to do it so she retired last month....enjoy your retirement

:thumbsup2:

Wecome to Saturday.

The last day of the week would be Sunday, then the next day is Saturday. Followed by Saturday, then comes Saturday...and of course the day after that is Saturday and Saturday follows that.

Etc, Etc.

:thumbsup:

What's all this talk of 'retirement' girl?

I "retired" seven years ago when I was 53 after 27 years 2 months and 17 days (but who's counting?) as a LEO.

Wasn't off work for more than eight weeks when I was offered a part-time, permanent job with another government department that I readily took on. Why?

Just can't retire. It's too hard. I need the social interaction (and the extra money's not bad either!)

So now at 60 and the pillion at 58 (and still working - in the same department as me) we've decided to carry on until I'm 65 then go crazy. :cool10:

We plan on seeing most of the rest of the world prior to hitting 70.

So look out America - here we come (soon [one day]).:)

Either way - congratulations Peg.

I'm sure you'll be missed at school.

Thanks Spear,

Retirement is just a term. It does not mean that you never work again. Right now I have a lot of projects at home to take care of. We want to move away from Ohio and may be head to Indiana, sense our oldest daughter lives there.

Do not think I am going to sit around much, but the good thing is I can do what I want to do. My stress is relieved and that alone is worth everything.

I do hope you come to the US someday, I would love to me you and you lovely wife.

Thanks for the congrats!

Yama Mama

We ride all the time in Dearborn, Ripley, Switzerland and Franklin counties. I would love to live near Batesville or Oldenberg, Indiana.

But it depends if we can get rid of things we never use.

We have to get rid of a bunch of junk.

I retired Dec 2006 after 35 years as a letter carrier..best thing I ever did...got a part time job delivering Motorcycles for a Yamaha/Suzuki dealer ..3 days a week ..keeps me in cheap parts LOL..enjoy your time ..you have deserved it...

i could have retired in 08 that was my plan in 02 then Katrina came along now im looking at 20 more yrs and starting all over again oh well i do love the MS Gulfcoast even with the hurricans any way congrats to your new saturday schedule enjoy

Congrats Peg! Only another 30 years or so on the farm and I can retire......Hopefully sooner but not holding my breath. I got lucky and got to come back to the farm and its been great, so I dont mind being there for a long time to come.