IGNORED

Shipping a hitch

KIC

I have to ship a 1st Gen MK1 hitch to a member. Anybody know the best way to do this ? wrap it up ? box it ? wire a tag to it and ship it as is ? It is such a weird shape.

Just wondering if anybody has done this before ?

Considering its condition and size/shape I would simply tag it and ship it as is. Of course that may depend on the shipper used but I'm fairly certain UPS would accecpt it that way. No idea what the Postal service would say thou.:confused24:

Larry

Looks like someone's home made, and not a Venture Line. The problem you're going to run into is UPS will calculate weight based on the size of the item if they'll take one just tagged, or box size if packed. And that's going to cost more than the thing is worth.... You might try common carrier with just a tag?? Not sure how they'd handle it, but they do take tagged items.

I would box it up and send through the post office. Go to the local Dollar Store and get youself a box after you measure it. Most stores recycle the boxes, but if you ask they will give you one.The United States Postal Service rates are good and they take care of your stuff. You can track it on line and it will cost you around $20 - $25 dollars or so to ship just regular mail. Six to Ten/Fourteen days in transit, depending on where.

Fuzzy

Yea, ditto on the Postal Service. Box it up but pad the item well so it dont poke out of the box. An old sheet or bubble wrap should work well. If there is no rush then Parcel Post would be the cheapest way to ship it.