IGNORED

Carry a first Aid kit and don't trust PO mods.

etcswjoe

Don’t' Trust PO mods

Had a very interesting start to my day today, I did my normal routine checked tires, lights, etc fired the bike up and headed off to work. I was got about half a mile away and my bike just went dark and I could smell something burning scary thing at 55 miles an hour in heavy traffic. After sitting on the side of the road for a few minuets the bike came back to life and I was able to start it and get back home. When I got home I pulled the seat to find out the fuse block the PO but in had shorted against the frame and had melted the positive wire. After I finished removing the battery leads and made sure nothing was on fire I hopped on my other bike and headed to work.

Firts Aid Kit

You would think that this would have been enough for one day but no about half a mile from work I came upon a motorcyclist down he was scuffed up but nothing apparently serious. I stopped helped him out, did not have to use my first aid kit but I was sure glad I had it. Seems like a car ran him off the road and took off, I just could not believe nobody had stopped before I got there.

Whether I'm on the bike or in the car, if I see a biker off the side of the road I stop and make sure they are okay. Twice in the last week I've stopped. One guy was driving to another town to save a few cents on gas and ran out on his way there. Said his wife was coming with a gas can. Looked like a new bike so he probably didn't know how far he could go.

Menards has some first aid kits on sale

Coleman® First Aid Kit

Sale $4.99 each

* 200 piece 212-1296

Your Final Cost. Sale Price $14.99 - $10.00 Mail-In Rebate. Rebate limit 2 kits per household. Rebate is in form of merchandise credit check. Rebate limited to stock on hand. Rebates are not available for online purchases. Seasonal items go fast. Hurry in for best selection. While Supplies Last!

Product pricing, styles, and availability may vary by store and online.

I have a pretty good size F/A kit I think my wife got at Wally World. We also have a CPR mask in with it. I wish I could find a small "First Aid Kit Inside" decal for the saddle bag lid. I probably just have not looked hard enough...

I have a pretty good size F/A kit I think my wife got at Wally World. We also have a CPR mask in with it. I wish I could find a small "First Aid Kit Inside" decal for the saddle bag lid. I probably just have not looked hard enough...

Thats a good idea I never thought about that, I work with a volunteer fireman and EMS I will ask if they have any or where to get them.

Found these online

http://www.firstaidsigns.com/First-Aid-Signs/First-Aid-Kit-Inside-Sign/SAF-SKU-S-1780.aspx

http://www.firstaidsigns.com/First-Aid-Kit-Label/First-Aid-Kit-Inside-Label/SKU-LB-1491.aspx

Edited by etcswjoe

I wish I could find a small "First Aid Kit Inside" decal for the saddle bag lid. I probably just have not looked hard enough...

Any sign shop should be able to do either cut vinyl or printed vinyl that you can apply yourself.

Very easy to do.