IGNORED

One bad tank of gas

OrlinEngh

I stoped and tryed to get some gas at a local station and it was pumping slow I got about 3/4 of a tank and went in to pay and said must be something wrong with your pump and she says oh I will tell the owner when he gets here. I get about 12 miles on the tank of fule and I am wondering if I will even get home.

So to work I go on the cycle clean conections all that I can find move the TCI as long as I am at it. Still doent run very well take it for a ride it starts to run better but not like it did. Telling a friend of mine and he says sound like fule filter I just put a new one in a couple of days before I got the gas.

So yesterday after checking plugs wires and everything else I could think of I decided to check the fule filter and here it is full of crud brown nasty stuff. And guess where it came from, found out that they let their tanks run empty and thats why it was puming so slow.

So another new filter and its runing better but not the same as it was so I am sure that the screen on the petcock is coverd with this stuff and I hope that the tank wont have to be flushed out.

Still waiting to talk with the owner I guess that he has been avoiding some other upset people.

I didnt have to wait untill Satarday to talk with the owner I got to talk to him this morning and we had a good chat about what happened. He said he was very sorry and he would make it right with me. And that he was having new filters put in his pumps to keep this from happening again and the company that sells him his fule came and pumped the tanks and did a cleaning of the tanks.

If at all possible I try to never stop at a station that has the tanker truck there filling the stations tanks.

As the new fuel is pouring in it stirs up any sediment or other crud at the bottom of the tank and you end up with it in your tank.

I didnt have to wait untill Satarday to talk with the owner I got to talk to him this morning and we had a good chat about what happened. He said he was very sorry and he would make it right with me. And that he was having new filters put in his pumps to keep this from happening again and the company that sells him his fule came and pumped the tanks and did a cleaning of the tanks.

The owner is doing what is right. Good for him. I would continue to patronize his establishment (unless it happens again).

RR

So how do you bill someone for this I had to take carbs off and put a diffrent set on replaced the tank filters and lines. glad I had the extra parts here for a fast repair.

Now I have a set of dirty carbs a tank to get cleaned out. Had I not been able to do the work and taken it to a shop and had all of this done just think of what that bill would have been.

I cant say I have ever seen anything like the stuff that I got in the fule you can see in the tank up to where the fule was it turns to a brown powder when it drys you can wipe it off and the tank is clean. I opend up the carbs and they are full of this stuff.

The owner is a nice guy and we grew up in the same area and I dont want him to think that I am trying to take advantage of him over this. I am thinking of going to a shop and get a estimate and charge him half of what that bill would have been, I think that would be fair.

I can see claiming costs for ACTUAL costs backed up by a receipt.

But how can you charge someone for "could have been" costs?

I understand your frustration and I would be really upset myself....but I don't know if you can do much without receipts to back it up.

I had a station pump a few gallons of regular gas into my diesel truck before I realized what he was doing. I stopped in front of the diesel pump and he pulled the regular hose to reach.

He said "leave it with me and I'll drain the tank."

I came back later that day and he had just dumped it all out on the ground beside the station!!!!!:buttkick: