/Users/talonsx2/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2012/05/22/20120522-205256/IMG_1654.JPG

ARGH

So I wanted to post a pic but I don't think that worked...Anywho I have put the bike completely back together (2nd gear) and even synched the carbs. The day I synced the carbs it ran great (2 weeks ago). Took it out today and it isn't the same as before...It just isn't running right today? (cant assume full power?) I will try a re-synch tomorrow but I have a question for you. There is a tube that connects to the bottom of the air box and goes down to the breather but this tube connects to a T joint before it hits the breather, and another hose comes out and connects to something? Does anyone know what that something is? (FYI, its not the coolant hose coming out of the breather).

Thanks in advance for deciphering this more than confusing post..

Keep the rubber on the road.

Edited by talonsx2
c if pic posted...

There is a rubber tube coming from the middle of the air box down to the engine. Part way down there is a T and then it continues on. This tube is the supply line for the PCV set up. Off the T another hose runs to the left front corner of the air-box,,, this one is for the air-box overflow, just in case you put too much oil in the crankcase and it fills the air-box, it then gets sucked back into the engine to get burned off.

There is a rubber tube coming from the middle of the air box down to the engine. Part way down there is a T and then it continues on. This tube is the supply line for the PCV set up. Off the T another hose runs to the left front corner of the air-box,,, this one is for the air-box overflow, just in case you put too much oil in the crankcase and it fills the air-box, it then gets sucked back into the engine to get burned off.

So should that T be closer to the air box or closer to the multiport? Also is the left side my left or your left? or left side being clutch handle? or sitting on bike left or looking at bike left? I have this tube coming out the same side the coolant hose comes out..(Right side sitting on bike) Ima guessing that aint good?

Thanks for the quick reply..you peeps rule.

Keep the rubber on the road..:bighug:

The quick reply is just plain luck, or maybe I want to get rid of you fast,,,,, nah, just want to help best I can, and I know that once we get going on something, it's frustrating to have to wait.

The left side of the bike is the clutch handle side, and the T has the shorter hose on the bottom, that's the end closer to the engine,,, so the top would then be closer to the air-box. The hose coming from the T should lead to a pipe on the left front corner of the air-box.

Hope this helps.

Yah! short hose on bottom, larger crooked hose on top. Long nose needle nose pliers to get to the clamp. You are better served to hook up the hose to the air box first then place the airbox into position then clamp the upper hose to the airbox...

Hope this helps:

Illustration #3 shows it all

Also, you can get a set of 2 BIG needle nose pliers, one has a slight curve for I believe I paid under $10.00 for them. They have been worth it just on the airbox work. But I have used them on other stuff too.

Also, you can get a set of 2 BIG needle nose pliers, one has a slight curve for I believe I paid under $10.00 for them. They have been worth it just on the airbox work. But I have used them on other stuff too.

KIC is absolutely right. I found a two-pack of long-handled needle nose pliers at Harbor Freight for less than $10. This simple little tool has saved my sanity when putting the air box back on my VR.