IGNORED

Something in the muffler

There is something in there that sounds like a little rock or a marble. How do I get it out of there. I havent taken one of these apart the outer part is in nice shape so it would be nice to keep it. I took it off flipped it around shook it and it wont come out of there.

Thanks Orlin

Guest Rev'n Ahead

I shook it, and shook it, and then shook it some more... and didn't get the marbles out of mine... left them in there. :confused24:

If you have any great ideas - which do not include drilling out the baffles, I'd be very happy to do it. :cool10:

http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002009&id=285

Several sound clips there of different types of mufflers. The one "stock road king" kind of hard to tell where his mic was. Dont sound to loud though. I think the best representative is the one I think says screamin eagle from drivers seat. You know where the mic was and you can see what kind of engine respose will be needed.

Guest Rev'n Ahead
Is it the muffler or collector box you speak of.

it's the muffler for sure on mine. I had the system completely removed and the box was in pretty good shape... but marbles in the tail pipes... but I don't hear them when I'm driving.

Just thinking that there is "extra" in there which should be removed to avoid restricting the air flow - but HOW do I get it out? :confused24:

Cheers,

it's the muffler for sure on mine. I had the system completely removed and the box was in pretty good shape... but marbles in the tail pipes... but I don't hear them when I'm driving.

Just thinking that there is "extra" in there which should be removed to avoid restricting the air flow - but HOW do I get it out? :confused24:

Cheers,

I've not had that problem,, maybe because I drilled out the rear baffles and blew everything out,,,,, so I suppose maybe I lost my marbles.

There is no way on God's green earth that you can shake a 1stGen muffler and get whats in there out, and it's probably a piece of collector screen?? The muffler is a two chambered affair with a center baffle deviding the two. Normally the exhaust gases travel into the rear chamber then go forward thru a short tube into the front chamber, and then finally out the rear tip... When drilling out the rear baffle you are opening up the rear chamber. I think it was either Dingy or GeorgeS that posted picks on one open up a few years ago.