IGNORED

Digital Tachometer Question

I'm wondering what make/model digital tachometer is being used out there for diagnostics. I have an 84 VR MK1 and need to make some adjustments that require a digital tach. Before I make a purchase I would like to see what you guys are using and whether you like it or not.

So; whatcha using?

I'm wondering what make/model digital tachometer is being used out there for diagnostics. I have an 84 VR MK1 and need to make some adjustments that require a digital tach. Before I make a purchase I would like to see what you guys are using and whether you like it or not.

So; whatcha using?

There are quite a few to choose from.

A search of Amazon will drag a few up. You might want to consider getting one of the better Multi Meters with an inductive pickup simply because they are more flexible.

Decent ones can be had in the $40 to $70 price range.

Adjusting the Idle Mixture requires a decent digital tach, unless you have an exhaust gas analyser.

Link below to item on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hour-meter-sx-KTM-exc-mxc-xc-mx-sxf-sxf-250-450-520-525-xc4-lc4-530-excr-smr-sx-/370613484284?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564a48fafc

Seller is ozg-motors

In addition to listing heading that says it is hour mter, it is also a digital tach.

You don't need to connect ground to get tach to work, just wrap wire around spark plug wire.

I did a group buy for 30 of these here a couple of years ago.

Gary

Link below to item on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hour-meter-sx-KTM-exc-mxc-xc-mx-sxf-sxf-250-450-520-525-xc4-lc4-530-excr-smr-sx-/370613484284?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564a48fafc

Seller is ozg-motors

In addition to listing heading that says it is hour meter, it is also a digital tach.

I did a group buy for 30 of these here a couple of years ago.

Gary

And it's still working just dandy thank you very much Gary.

Handy lil sucker when ya need it.

Mike