IGNORED

Internet Service at the new house

Squidley

Some of you know that the reason I haven't been on the site is that we haven't had internet at the new house. I ended up getting an AT&T Hotspot wifi transmitter that uses cell towers and 4G to get hooked up. It works but I'm not crazy about having to spend $60+ a month for internet.

I have this thing for 30 days to try it, and if I want I can return it and get out of the contract (which I wont go into that rant)

I need other options from y'all, I wont waste my money on Huges Net and besides what we have right now, that is the only other option. I'm too far from a distribution center to be able to get DSL, and dialup will just irritate me and I have enough irritants in my life right now. I am open for any ideas or suggestions you have

:thumbsup2:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and dialup will just irritate me

Amen Squidley. For all the technology available around my area only one service provider will offer a connection. For an ungodly price and lousy service. So....... I shall remain irritated with my dialup. :bang head:

Good luck with your HotSpot.

Good to see ya back on line.

Mike

If you want to surf you have to pay. You probably have your best option now, verizon has a lot better coverage if you plan to travel with it. You are really going to be pissed when you get the bill for your $60 a month service and find it is $75 with all the fee's taxes and sur charges. Welcome home.

Life in the 21st century. :bluesbrother:

If you have enough neighbors who will say they want DSL, you may be able to get the telco to upgrade their line. It won't happen overnight though. Another route is to petition the State Utilities Commissioner.

Now where did I put my 300baud acoustic coupler?

:rotf:

Not sure if its available there but we just got hooked up with Time warner cable, we got high speed internet ( that is much faster then the dsl we had in mich) cable tv, digital phone, with unlimited calling in usa mexico and P.R. for 2 years for $85 a month. I have heard some bad things about TWC, but so far its been great

Its about time you parted with the bucks, you know we are worth it, it was way to quiet around here. Glad your back........What your paying isnt bad, I pay 59.00 a month through Charter, but thats just for home, with your hotspot you can take your connection with you.......I think your deal isnt so bad.

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I am going to take a look at the Clear and internet america. I had enough with Verizon so they definitely wont get my money. The Hotspot works well enough, but it seems to use up lots of GB's on nothing. The plan has 5GB per month and as I type this I have 4.59 left, I have only had it 24 hours. I have 30 days to say yea or nay and I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling with it right now at the rate it's being used.

It's good to be back on with all you lunatics, kind of funny you have to go back to the nut house to feel at home :whistling:

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I am going to take a look at the Clear and internet america. I had enough with Verizon so they definitely wont get my money. The Hotspot works well enough, but it seems to use up lots of GB's on nothing. The plan has 5GB per month and as I type this I have 4.59 left, I have only had it 24 hours. I have 30 days to say yea or nay and I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling with it right now at the rate it's being used.

It's good to be back on with all you lunatics, kind of funny you have to go back to the nut house to feel at home :whistling:

But at least the nuts are spread out all over, and not in one big cluster!:yikes:

You could check to see if you can get Clear where you are at. I had it when I lived outside of Amarillo. It's not terrible.

Is there no cable internet where you live now?

http://www.clear.com/

Nope, I can't get DSL either, even though the neighbor about 1/4 mile down the road says she has AT&T DSL. I had it good at the old place, cable internet and TV for $59 a month. It's going to cost me more than that for this hotspot

:doh: I just looked into the Clear you talked about....not available where I'm at, just can't win for loosing :confused24:

Nope, I can't get DSL either, even though the neighbor about 1/4 mile down the road says she has AT&T DSL. I had it good at the old place, cable internet and TV for $59 a month. It's going to cost me more than that for this hotspot

:doh: I just looked into the Clear you talked about....not available where I'm at, just can't win for loosing :confused24:

Don't go by their stupid online thing, It said it wasn't available where I live either, but a salesman showed up one day and showed me it worked. I signed up on the spot.

Find a dealer and have them do an actual test.