IGNORED

Auxillay Tail / Brake light harness

M61A1MECH

As many of you already know I started making an auxiliary harness for the 2nd Gen Royal Star Ventures a few months ago. These plug in between the connectors under the seat that connect the main harness to the fender harness and allow you to easily make connections to the taillight, brake light and turn signal circuits for adding more lights or attaching to a trailer harness. I am happy to announce that with the help of some folks here and also over on Delphi that I can now expand the offering to include 1996 to 2001 original Royal Stars, 2005 and up Tour Deluxe, V-Stars and Road Stars.

I was finally able to obtain the second style connector used by Yamaha.

You can see a photo of the basic RS Venture harness in the Second Gen Parts Classified section.

I am sorry to say that I still have not found the connectors for the GEN I Ventures and Venture Royales, but I am still looking.

Thanks again to all that have purchased harnesses already and for all of the positive feed back I have received on them.

Please do ride safe.

I've been thinking of this and your new items have just about sold me. Gots me a question though.....are you going to be at the International?

I would get you to bring one or two for the rsv and one for my wifes 1100 vstar.

That would save some gas and shipping costs.

Sarge,

I have sold 4 or 5 harneses to folks on Canada, for a package that contains 1 harness (8" with 8" tags) the shipping and handling increases by $1.30 US. I am not sure what the shipping would be on a package with multplle harnesses, but I am sure it is not all that much additional postage. Tell me what you need, ( lengths and tags or no tags) also if you can tell me what the bike year and model are that will help. Because Yamaha uses the two different connectors it would also be very informative to me if you could send pictures of the connectors so I can verify them and make sure I get you the correct style.

Can't get her off it long enough to check the wiring! It's a 02 1100 vstar custom. Mine is a 07 RSV and my buds is a 05.

I will see what I can come up with regarding a pic. Thinking about it I sure don't remember this plug in on her bike when I wired the trailer lights....but it was a hundred years ago and I can't remember this morning so......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am planning to be at the International Rally and will have a limited number of harnesses with me. I have a few reserved for Sarges46, if you want to reserve one now let me know I wil be sure to bring enough to cover advance orders and a few for those that want to see them before buying.

I will be at the Microtel and my cell number is in my profile if you need to contatct me while at International.

ride safe

• 11 months later...

Easy Street!

Thanks Steve, for your harness & advice on hooking up my new trailer.

Steve sent me his harness for my RSV last year for providing some wiring pics for him, but my bike was already hard wired for a trailer.

I got a new trailer recently that was not working with the trailer existing wiring. Probably because I'm wired for run/turn/brake. We talked & emailed and he suggested I get an isolator.

Yesterday, I ended up unhooking the old trailer connections under the seat, putting in Steve's connector, wired it to the isolator and power direct to battery.

Added a trailer connector (male) to the wires from the old trailer harness and plugged to the isolator.

Got it!

Lights work, with and without trailer as they should and my lighted cooler rack also works. Run/turn/brake on the bike still works too.

But the best part is Steve's connector harness along with his wiring diagram. No guess work.

Belated THANKS!

Mike G.

EDIT: oh and used this isolator someone mentioned on a trailer post.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trailer-Light-Isolated-Power-Supply-Converter-5-to-4-wire-PM32-/290660635436?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43acb9532c=&vxp=mtr=

Edited by Mike G in SC

Steve,

Wires on your adapter were about 8" each.

Wires on the isolator were probably 48" for most, shorter on the white ground. I added a auto-type inline fuse on power direct to battery.

But as I mounted the isolator under the seat, cut them to about 8" also.

I could go back in and clean it up and cut them to just what I need (more like 4") but better cut too long,,,,.

I used a really slick connector(s). WAGO 222. These are really nice as they have levers instead of crimp. So, you can remove them and reuse in seconds. This would lessen the amount of cussing normally required. I see these available on the Internet but sure can't fine them in auto parts stores. Might watch a video to see how to use them.

This is in German but video is great.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZoofWsK8g]WAGO Verbindungsklemmen für flexible Leiter (Serie 222) - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.onlineelec.com/parts/images/products/d0222-0412_01.jpg

And as I already had a trailer harness wired in before (using these kind of connectors) I simply unconnected the 4 wire and then put a male trailer end under the seat to connect to the isolator.

I'll get some pictures of under the seat soon.

Thanks, Mike G

Edited by Mike G in SC