IGNORED

going to semi-retire

miller47

between not liking the transfer to midland,tx and being away from the wife with medical problems. It's time to retire from the company and find something in my home town. maybe monday thru thrusday 8 to 4 enjoy life alittle. 30 years of 80 to 100 hours weeks makes ya old fast!!! hope to hit more m & e and rallys:fingers-crossed-emo

I'm a strong believer in the "semi" part.

I tried retirement. It was boring, fattening, and didn't pay all that well. I went back to work at a less strenuous job. Too many hours, admittedly, but still not as demanding as what I did before. And I can still afford nice toys.

Good luck, hope things work out as well for you!

Best of luck to you!! Hope it all works out for ya!

K

between not liking the transfer to midland,tx and being away from the wife with medical problems. It's time to retire from the company and find something in my home town. maybe monday thru thrusday 8 to 4 enjoy life alittle. 30 years of 80 to 100 hours weeks makes ya old fast!!! hope to hit more m & e and rallys:fingers-crossed-emo

Been Retired-retired for 5 years and don't have enough time in the day to do everything i want. especially being on here a couple hours a day, working on the bikes or the mustang.

Congrats are due...I retired after 35 years of keeping the lights on, did nothing for a year, got bored and found a part time job...Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday....long weekends EVERY weekend...try retirement, it works in various forms

Well I am somewhat, nearly almost semi retired (again). Been trying to work 3 days a week, and some weeks I can actually pull it off.....

It's great if you can make it work for you.

Good luck

:15_8_211[1]:

Edited by Black Owl

I retired in 09 after 32 years with the company, 1st year was working on the Honey-do list. Then got into construction for a while but didn't like the travel. Now I work 7 hour days 3-4 days a week maintaining the building and equipment at a local private girls high school, quiet and easy work :cool10: after 32 years in a tier 1 stamping plant, quiet and easy is good :big-grin-emoticon:

They are very flexible, if I want time off it's usually not a problem.

Good Luck in your semi retirement.

I was semi-retired for 18 years, then Katrina came, gas went up, and I had to go out and get a real job, that was 7 years ago, looking forward to retiring for good when I turn 65, that is in 2 years, 4 months, and 38 days, but who's counting............LOL:dancefool::dancefool: