IGNORED

Help with Early RSTD Float Adjustment

ToyOdie

I have opened up my float bowls on my 96 RSTD to clean the pilot jets. I figured that I should check the float levels while I was in there. Unfortunatly the older 2nd gens have different carbs than what V7Goose has in the tech section. I have downloaded the manual and I can't seem to find a measurment. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't help myself throwing my 2 cents in on these carb issues since I have taken them apart so many times. I used one of the posts here that I think V7 Goose posted. When you have the carbs on the bench use a piece of clear tubing and slide on the drain nipple of the float bowl, bring the tubing up under the bowl and along side of the diaphragm cover and secure an inch or two higher than the cover. Use the stamped line on either side of the centerline of the cover as your reference. Open the drain screw and slowly pump some fuel into the fuel inlet tube. This should fill all of the carbs and the needle valve should shut them off when they get full. Set each of them to the exact same height at or slightly below the reference line as mentioned in the earlier posts. This is a little time consuming and I admit that I did the first one then used a set of calipers to set the rest then checked them all with the tubing once set so I didn't have to keep taking everything apart. Works like a charm, also found out using this same technique that one of the pins on one of my float needles was no good as the level in one of my tubes was not staying the same. Hope this helps! :080402gudl_prv: