IGNORED

2nd Gen Handle Bar ?

Does anyone know if the 2nd Gen Venture's Handle Bar has changed since the introduction of the 2nd Gen Ventures.

I have been asked by a couple of 2nd Gen owners if I could adapt the 1st Gen Accessory Mount Turn Buckle Bar for the 2nd Gen Ventures, and possibly for some of the other bikes in this group.

I got to looking at the 2nd Gen Handle Bars and it seems like a very simple modification. If there has been no changes then a turn buckle probably would not even be needed.

It would be helpful to know if the 2nd Gen Venture Handle Bar has changed or stayed the same.

I've including a few pictures of what was made for the 1st Gen. Obviously the ends will need to be modified to accomodiate the 2nd Gen's Bars, but looking at it, looks very much do able.

If you are a 2nd Gen owner and would be interested (non committal) in getting in on a group buy after the mods are complete, please indicate so on this thread. This will help me determine if making a prototype is worth the effort.

Also if you are an owner of another bike an would also be interested one for your bike, please indicate the bike model and year.

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Golf&Venture
Pictures

I would be interested in a 2nd Generation Venture accessory mounting bar. I have passed several PM's with with "Golf&Venture" concerning my thoughts on the bar. This is a photo of my 2009 Venture and the inset has a rough (very rough (smile)) depiction of the bar as I see it.

My reason for wanting this accessory mounting bar is because my cup holder blocks my view of the low fuel warning light unless I lean forward to see over the top of the holder. If there is anything in the holder, I have to lean left/right etc. My idea is that the bar would mount with a device similar to my cup holder mount, one on each side and the bar across the center. It must allow fuel cap access of course.

Anyone else show interest in this idea?

I would be interested in a 2nd Generation Venture accessory mounting bar. I have passed several PM's with with "Golf&Venture" concerning my thoughts on the bar. This is a photo of my 2009 Venture and the inset has a rough (very rough (smile)) depiction of the bar as I see it.

My reason for wanting this accessory mounting bar is because my cup holder blocks my view of the low fuel warning light unless I lean forward to see over the top of the holder. If there is anything in the holder, I have to lean left/right etc. My idea is that the bar would mount with a device similar to my cup holder mount, one on each side and the bar across the center. It must allow fuel cap access of course.

Anyone else show interest in this idea?

Alfred: What size is your handle bar diameter?