I just discovered that my rear pads are pretty well shot, and that my rear rotor is looking like it probably needs to be replaced sometime soon as well. The OEM replacement rotor at the stealership is about $240, plus the new bolts. I found an EBC replacement rotor on eBay for $145, new in the package and free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-Brake-Rotor-MD2078-for-Yamaha-XVZ1300TF-Royal-Star-Venture-1999-2008-/261008709417?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc554d729&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with this brand, or would I be wise to bite the bullet and stick with Yami's stock rotor? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey Bobby,

The EBC Rotor that is on Ebay is the rotor for your bike. It is a good quality rotor, but it is made from a harder material than the stock rotor. For best results, you are going to want to use the EBC FA123HH pads with it. Also, when you go to remove the rotor bolts, you are going to want to warm them up a bit before you try to remove them so the Loc-Tite doesn't pull the threads out of the wheel hub. Then you can clean the threads up, use the Blue Loc-Tite, and reinstall them. I can help you with the rear pads if you need them. Questions? PM me. :thumbsup2:

Earl

I used some EBC rotors on a Kaw Voyager over 12 years ago. they worked just fine. However, you can get most things online cheaper, often MUCH cheaper, than the dealer. I just looked at this store and found the rear caliper for about $180. Shipping might bring it up to $200. That is for oem Yam.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=YAM#/Yamaha/ROYAL_STAR_VENTURE_-_XVZ13TFW_-_2007/REAR_BRAKE_CALIPER/XVZ13TFW_(2007_MOTORCYCLE)/REAR_BRAKE_CALIPER_(XVZ13TFW_-_2007)

EBC Galfers or BraKing,I have used all 3 and found them to be very high quality.As Skydoc said use the EBC HH pads.You won't believe how much of a difference in stoping power they make.Be sure to remember to break them in for about 100 miles of stop and go traffic for best results.