IGNORED

Test .... Test

Snaggletooth

Looked pretty good to me Snaggle.

Too fuzzy Fuzzy. No insult intended. I'm sure you're not fuzzy at all. :rotf:

That was taken with the Drift 170 HD. Orginal is sharp and clear. After converting from .mov to .jpg it lost the quality.

Guess I should go try something other than all the freeware programs I have. Such a tightwad.

Back to the video board .......

Mike

Snaggletooth I watch you test video. I see when you encoded the video you did not use HD 720p video settings. When I got a GoPro HD camera I started using Pinnacle Studio HD14 to edited and rinder the video. I don't know that your computer specs or OS your using. You will find out that HD video can use up a lot of hard drive space. I pick up a USB hard drive to backup and store my videos to.

I made a video for a friend in TN on how to use Pinnacle Studio HD14. it's a little long but I wanted to cover most of the stuff people will want to do. Here a link if you want so see it. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjsat8Qp5U&list=UUzDcl9HECTxu2mNPgXJUfeA&index=6&feature=plcp]How To Video Edited With Pinnacle 14 - YouTube[/ame]

What I do is after I edited the video I render it to settings like it came from the camera. I use that one for making a DVD or streaming it to the TV. Then I render one with the HD settings but a lower bitrate for the web. Last year I started using two GoPros and when to using Cyberlink Power Director 10 Ultra version. It make it easyer for me to edited a two camera view. Plus the Ultra version it's a true 64 bit software and if you have a i5 or i7 sandy bridge CPU in some of the video types it let you use the video part build in to the cpu called Intel Quick Sync which speeds up the rendering 2 to 5 tomes faster.

Just giving you some info that I have learn. Enjoy capturing your rides on video.

Hi Mike, and thanks for the advice. I've had the camera set for the 720 setting since I started playing with the editing. I seem to be losing the quality a bit during the process of converting from the Drift .mov format to the .mpg or other formats using the AVC software. I'm looking into other products today for conversion and editing. Been freeware so far and I know I'm going to need better software.

But it's a learning process and advice is always welcome.

Thanks

Mike

Too fuzzy Fuzzy. No insult intended. I'm sure you're not fuzzy at all. :rotf:

That was taken with the Drift 170 HD. Orginal is sharp and clear. After converting from .mov to .jpg it lost the quality.

Guess I should go try something other than all the freeware programs I have. Such a tightwad.

Back to the video board .......

Mike

Ya, I noticed that old hawk eye. But I was lazy and said aaahh. Hawk eye, now I am thinking of the show MASH, a good one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaIoA3-5vaw&feature=colike]Fuzzy Wuzzy (Wuz A Bear) sung by Rosemary and Betty Clooney - YouTube[/ame]

Fuzzy is not so fuzzy anymore, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. :confused24: :whistling: :rotf:

Edited by FuzzyRSTD