IGNORED

Product Endorsement for Side Effects

MJ44

I bought a Steerite modified triple tree for my 99 RSV from Side Effects www.sidecars.ca

Why did I choose this company? Customer service and a great product! Father/son team of Peter and Brock Smith are fantastic.

Every email and phone call has been promptly and thoroughly answered, and they also gave me added information to help with the sidecar set-up. They even offered to call and talk me through the alignment process. The mechanic who did the work for me also stated that they were very helpful when he called.

They had the triple trees in stock. You just send back the old one when you have the new installed.

To say this has made a difference in steering my rig is an understatement. They tell you it's like adding power steering, and it is amazing.

About 175 miles last Sunday throught twisty country roads and it was great!

I know there aren't many folks here with sidecar rigs, but they also do work for trikes, too.

(and if we aren't allowed to endorse a product, moderator, please delete :))

Edited by MJ44
spelling error

Thanks for the information MJ44. When I finish hacking my 04 RSV, I will keep this information in mind. I am hoping the steering will be tolerable and I wont need to modify the triple tree. From what I have read from you and the sidecar site, I might want to start saving my pennies.

I can not right now, but I think I would like to sidecar soon. I like trikes, but there is just something about a sidecar that gets me all goose pimply.

My question is: Where do I start? I too know I'll have to save up. Thanks

:confused24:

Side Effects modified the tree for my 86 two years ago. When I installed the new units the tubes slid into the the mounts just like butter. They did a beautiful job and the results are great. Rides straight and true, no ditch diving! Would recommend them for anyone with a sidecar or trike conversion. :happy34:

Thanks for the information MJ44. When I finish hacking my 04 RSV, I will keep this information in mind. I am hoping the steering will be tolerable and I wont need to modify the triple tree. From what I have read from you and the sidecar site, I might want to start saving my pennies.

I decided to have this modification because no one ever reported going back to stock.This is my first bike and while I wouldn't know the difference between modified trees or not when driving, I did read up quite a bit on the topic via the sidecar.com forum.

The boyfriend drove the maiden voyage, and 15 miles into the trip said "You are gonna love this!" The next day I spent an hour on every twisty road in the area and could not believe the difference. I've spent the last two weekends riding around and the best part is not feeling beat up at the end of the day.

Love my Broom:bighug:

Mary Jo

QUOTE=Wanderer;681896]I can not right now, but I think I would like to sidecar soon. I like trikes, but there is just something about a sidecar that gets me all goose pimply.

My question is: Where do I start? I too know I'll have to save up. Thanks

:confused24:

Everybody smiles when they see a sidecar :)

forum at www.sidecar.com

Listed for AL

Cycles Unlimited

Ray Metzger

902 Beltline Road SW

Decatur,AL 35601

Phone: 800-772-9054

Fax: 256-355-1492

Sidecar Name: Cozy

Hand's Performance

1662 Saragossa Rd

Jasper, AL 35501