IGNORED

I am a little dissapointed..........

DragonRider

Well the auctions will be over in a little over a day..........out of the 11 auctions, only 3 are bid on, and only 1 is over $0.25. Thats right 25 cents.........I guess everyone has all the St. Jude items they need...........The way things are going this year with the fund raising due to the economy, price of gas and so forth and so forth, I may me mailing the donation in instead of making the ride to St. Jude. Maybe I need to come up with something special, one of a kind item to auction, but that will mean spending money to make money and to me at this time its a really big gamble.

I do want to thank everyone who has donated and participated in the St. Jude fundraisers.

I would suggest that instead of putting up a large number of auctions at the same time, that you do something more like a classified add and put 1 or 2 listings with a set, reasonable fee.

Then some of us can bump these up from time to time.

In a classified listing you can set it up for example, 10 items, then as each one is bought, the remaining quantity drops.

Gary

lewis, i,m guilty as charged. i don't really need to buy anything on the auction. i will make a donation next week when i see you. i would like to bring linda to st. jude with me this year. last year was the first year i missed. i'm slowly trying to get back in the groove. haven't been feeling to good. st. jude is my favorite charity. anyone who does bid on the auction will be getting a shot at some nice stuff and helping a good cause. or just send some money to lewis. he puts alot of time into helping those kids.:)

welcome to my world!!! things are just rough now for a lot of people and i know it's for a good cause but people are down on all these help projects,example united way and so on that have seem to get a little dark news about them. haven't checked out st Jude's nor am i saying that there not good just a lot of people are not going for that sort of thing. i think people want to help with things that they can see a little closer or have more contact with,locally if you will. good luck with your efforts!! i just put $2885.00 into my pick up and if i wouldn't have borrowed it from my 401-k i would be out of luck. i know Dave Ramsey says never do it but when it comes down to being able to get to work you do what you have to do. i guess no light upgrade,brake upgrade or other things i had planed for the little lady. i just thank God i could fix it. i know now i wont be able to go to frrebirds this year either but it is what it is.

I am not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone, just stating the obvious, the economy sucks and it affects us all. There will still be a donation, a little smaller that in previous years, but a donation none the less. I will try again, a little later, never know what time will bring. We all have to do what we need to do. I just pray that everything will turn around sooner than later. God Bless each and every one of you.

Thanks David, so here is the problem. I just went to the classifieds and looked at a couple of the pins. I do not know StJudes at all from here but I tried to put a $5.00 bid on two of them that said they had no bids. I got a screen saying my bid had to be higher than the existing bid. As there is no existing bids I believed my $5 would be highest. I thinks maybe a system issue.

I want to commend you for your efforts!

I know it should be an outright donation....but as many have said times are tight and there is only so much "donations" to go around.

Plus I don't really like to advertise my donations so the pins, badges etc are not of interest to me. I have contributed to a few of the folks with situations here without posting about it. That's between me and my creator.

Again, I know the pins etc are secondary to the donation...but perhaps if you auctioned off "stuff" that we could use.

brake switches, upgraded rectifiers, air horns, safety chrome etc etc

Put a minimum bid of what you have into it and the profit can be the donation.

That would require more work on your part and I realize it would only work with cheaply aquired parts...but might get you more contributions.

just my :2cents:

I have to think there may be a problem with the auction I placed 6 bids and it does not show me submitting them.

On one I put in 5.00 and it went back to .25

No matter how much your first bid is,and if it is the first bid on the item, it is only going to show up as .25, you cannot increase your own bid, it will only increase as someone else bids on it. Thats called proxy bidding. I have asked Don if it could be changed to show actual bids, but it is not possible.

(Quote..from..Trader ..... I want to commend you for your efforts!

I know it should be an outright donation....but as many have said times are tight and there is only so much "donations" to go around.

Plus I don't really like to advertise my donations so the pins, badges etc are not of interest to me. I have contributed to a few of the folks with situations here without posting about it. That's between me and my creator.

Again, I know the pins etc are secondary to the donation...but perhaps if you auctioned off "stuff" that we could use.

brake switches, upgraded rectifiers, air horns, safety chrome etc etc

Put a minimum bid of what you have into it and the profit can be the donation.

That would require more work on your part and I realize it would only work with cheaply aquired parts...but might get you more contributions.(quote)

I have tried doing just that with some parts that were donated to me by Eck, some of them sold but I still have most of them here, as they are stock parts, that aren't in demand.

If no one has bid on it since you did, your bid is for .25, Now say I go and bid 10.00 on it, I have outbid your max bid of 5.00 and the bid would now be 5.25. Do you see how it works now.

As for the parts I have now, they are items like master brake cyl and hose for 2nd gen, some brake and clutch res.covers, stock black, some audio connector cables for 2nd gens, not sure if they are for cb or radio. I can go make a list later and repost it to see if anyone needs or wants any of it. It is mostly 2nd Gen takeoffs.

So is my bid for .25 or for 5.00 ?

What stock parts do you have? I would buy a front fender,right side driving light and windshield.