IGNORED

Easy lanyard setup for slip on mounts

I bought a water proof case for my GPS to mount on my handlebar studs (Snagglestuds! Shameless I know). Clamp mount works good, case fits fine, BUT the slip connection is not a lock type that snaps on, just friction.

Now I'm not a fan of grabbing at things as they come loose. So some sort of lanyard was going to be needed to be fashioned in case, just in case that puppy popped off.

I was at the store today and I passed one of those bargin bins that had a bunch of those stretchy straps with the slider that slip over the ends of the ear pieces of your glasses to hang them around your neck for .50 cents. Well the light popped on. Back at the house it took all of ten mintues for fix it up is it's easy on - easy off. The slip connection don't work loose anymore.

A stretchy strap

A couple of small key rings

A couple of zip tie stick-on zip tie mounts and it was done.

Under a couple bucks for a little extra secuity for the toys you paid good money for.

Mike

I bought a water proof case for my GPS to mount on my handlebar studs (Snagglestuds! Shameless I know). Clamp mount works good, case fits fine, BUT the slip connection is not a lock type that snaps on, just friction.

Now I'm not a fan of grabbing at things as they come loose. So some sort of lanyard was going to be needed to be fashioned in case, just in case that puppy popped off.

I was at the store today and I passed one of those bargin bins that had a bunch of those stretchy straps with the slider that slip over the ends of the ear pieces of your glasses to hang them around your neck for .50 cents. Well the light popped on. Back at the house it took all of ten mintues for fix it up is it's easy on - easy off. The slip connection don't work loose anymore.

A stretchy strap

A couple of small key rings

A couple of zip tie stick-on zip tie mounts and it was done.

Under a couple bucks for a little extra secuity for the toys you paid good money for.

Mike

And another good Snaggle of an idea. :backinmyday: :thumbsup2: :LIME:

Fuzzy..... Me thinks I need some therapy treaments. Everything I look at anymore it's like "How would that work on the bike?"

So I'm packed up and heading out for ride tomorrow. That should help. God knows what I'll drag home for the next bright idea.

Mike

Fuzzy..... Me thinks I need some therapy treaments. Everything I look at anymore it's like "How would that work on the bike?"

So I'm packed up and heading out for ride tomorrow. That should help. God knows what I'll drag home for the next bright idea.

Mike

As long as it is not alive, you should be fine. Thanks for the neat ideas, I mean somebody gotta do it, glad it is you Snaggle.

I do the same thing at Wally World at the bicycle rack of neat little gizmos for bicycles. Mater a fact, I have one of the little holster things on my motorcycle for a beverage holder. Bottled water works fine in it. I do not even have to look at it to get the bottle back in the holster. Strapped to my rear right saddle bag guard. The little straps that come on it work fine. Set the cruise and drink on the go.

I also have a suction cup notepad that has a clip to carry some written mapping for a trip in unfamiliar places to the GPS. Sometimes that happens. I have it suctioned to the inside of the windshield sometimes.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD