IGNORED

How many of you all have saw this vertical type hitch on motorcycles ?

FuzzyRSTD

http://wingstuff.com/products/34009-vertical-trailer-hitch-for-2012-gl1800?from_search=1

Just wondering how many folks have saw this type hitch before on any bike brand ? I posted similar in the Wing section and not very much information there. So I supposed there might be other bikes that use this type hitch to. Just wondering please. I know I had never saw this type before, until it was brought to my attention. Thank you for any and all opinions. There are some up close pictures on the left side of the web page.

Fuzzy

I haven't seen that one ... and it's listed for a 2012. The Bushtec uses a vertical receiver.

Not sure if you're thinking of buying a hitch or not but from all I've heard, the Rivco and Bushtec seem to be the most popular and most recommended.

I just got a used Rivco c/w wiring harness and everything off a guy for $200.

I haven't seen that one ... and it's listed for a 2012. The Bushtec uses a vertical receiver.

Not sure if you're thinking of buying a hitch or not but from all I've heard, the Rivco and Bushtec seem to be the most popular and most recommended.

Sorry, I did not make it clearer in my thread of exactly what I wanted. I was in a rush to get out the door to get to the College Graduation early so as to get a good seat. My daughter graduated from Morehead State University today. I am very proud of her.

The reason for my thread here is to offer a vertical type hitch in my Stinger Flag Pole Mounts that I build. I have changed the design a little and have not posted any new design pictures up yet. I will as soon as I can get everything done and get the process started. I was ask by a some for a vertical type mount. So I have some built and will post the others up later. I will offer them in a single flag, double flag, and a triple flag. I will call them the Vertical Stinger Flag Pole Mount. I will still offer the others as well, but all will have a different design and better look I believe. But that will be for you all to decide. Here is what I have so far below in a double flag. I have others built, but have not had time to get all finished and painted yet. I will be adding these and my design to my Members Vendors area and deleting those that are there now. So please check them out.

[ATTACH]67128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67130[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67131[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67132[/ATTACH]

Fuzzy

I have a verticle type hitch from HitchDoc on my RSV. I like it because with the stinger out you can not see it.

I like the idea of the vertical mount, it gets the ball closer to bike to help reduce any tail wagging a trailer might cause.

Bill

The reason for my thread here is to offer a vertical type hitch in my Stinger Flag Pole Mounts that I build. I have changed the design a little and have not posted any new design pictures up yet. I will as soon as I can get everything done and get the process started.

I was ask by some for a vertical type mount. So I have some built and will post the others up later. I will offer them in a single flag, double flag, and a triple flag. I will call them the Vertical Stinger Flag Pole Mount. I will still offer the others as well, but all will have a different design and better look I believe. But that will be for you all to decide.

Here is what I have so far below in a double flag. I have others built, but have not had time to get all finished and painted yet. I will be adding these and my design to the Members Vendors area and deleting those that are there now. So please check them out. I will let everyone know when I get them done.

The pictures are in my post above, thank you for your help.

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Fuzzy,

The hitchDoc uses a 1 1/8" square stinger, if you are using 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" tube it will not work with the HitchDoc. Hope this helps you save some grief.

Jay

Well that helps Jay, thank you. I thought all the hitches where at least 1 1/4" square stock. Did not realize that there was a hitch that accepted a 1 1/8" OD stinger. I would build someone one to that spec if they where interested, but it would have to be a request by message or e-mail. I can get the stock to build them. I will do some more research on that Jay, thanks.

All my current stock is 1 1/4" OD X 1/8" thick wall square stock. I just now returned from the local Caudills Steel, and put the stock in the garage.

Fuzzy

Might be something to put in your ad, a warning about hitchdoc using a smaller size. I'm not sure about ALL that is the case with the RSV and probably the TD.

Well that helps Jay, thank you. I thought all the hitches where at least 1 1/4" square stock. Did not realize that there was a hitch that accepted a 1 1/8" OD stinger. I would build someone one to that spec if they where interested, but it would have to be a request by message or e-mail. I can get the stock to build them. I will do some more research on that Jay, thanks.

All my current stock is 1 1/4" OD X 1/8" thick wall square stock. I just now returned from the local Caudills Steel, and put the stock in the garage.

Fuzzy

Might be something to put in your ad, a warning about hitchdoc using a smaller size. I'm not sure about ALL that is the case with the RSV and probably the TD.

Thanks ragtop. That is what I am after, trying to educate myself a little more on the different type hitches out there.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Thanks SilvrT, if you do not mind checking, does the Rivco have a 1 1/4" receiver/stinger for sure ? Also if you know, does the Bushtec have a 1 1/4" receiver/stinger ? All the sites I have visited do not give the stinger/receiver size. :confused24:

I am making a list of hitches for my use and also to give everyone else a heads up on them on my site. My self I would not like the flat service ball only type hitches, I would rather have a removable stinger/receiver. I know there is one that has a flat service mount with a removable receiver, and has two rods that attach, but I like the Reese type hitch. Tried and true for towing for many many many years.

James