IGNORED

A Great Ride for a Great Cause

Kernal

Greetings to all Riders,

What: This is a reminder to all riders. On June 9th we are having the Elizabeth Melde Cancer Schmancer Benefit Rally. A 130 mile ride through some of the most beautiful country in the upper midwest. To include many miles along the Mississippi River. Ending at "LIZFEST" in La Crescent, MN where there will be live music, food and drink, and other fun activities. Riding rain or shine.

Reason: To honor my daughter Elizabeth Holman-Melde, who at 25 yrs old died last April 7th of Lung Cancer. A non smoking victim of this terrible disease.

Also to assist in starting a non-profit organinzation called "Living 4 Liz" to bring awareness of this disease in young people and to assist those afflicted with it.

In addition, you get to enjoy the open road and fellowship of other like minded riders. Included are T-Shirt, bandanna, and lunch. Tip boards and other events are planned as well.

(You can also sign up on this website's calendar to give me an idea of who's coming)

Where: Starting in La Crosse, WI at Rod's Ride On Powersports and traveling 130 miles through 3 states with 3 stops and ending at La Crescent, MN. Ride starts at 10 am and should end around 3 pm. Day of event registration starts at 8:30 am.

Registration/Donation: $25 pre-registration, $30 day of event. Online: Go to: elizabethmeldebenefit.com and look into events or, Send check to Steve Holman, PO Box 72, La Crescent, MN 55947, or Call Rod's Ride On Powersports at: 608-788-4514 and ask for Eric.

If you can't make the ride, consider donating to our cause.

Thank you,

LTC Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings to all Riders,

What: This is a reminder to all riders. On June 9th we are having the Elizabeth Melde Cancer Schmancer Benefit Rally. A 130 mile ride through some of the most beautiful country in the upper midwest. To include many miles along the Mississippi River. Ending at "LIZFEST" in La Crescent, MN where there will be live music, food and drink, and other fun activities. Riding rain or shine.

Reason: To honor my daughter Elizabeth Holman-Melde, who at 25 yrs old died last April 7th of Lung Cancer. A non smoking victim of this terrible disease.

Also to assist in starting a non-profit organinzation called "Living 4 Liz" to bring awareness of this disease in young people and to assist those afflicted with it.

In addition, you get to enjoy the open road and fellowship of other like minded riders. Included are T-Shirt, bandanna, and lunch. Tip boards and other events are planned as well.

(You can also sign up on this website's calendar to give me an idea of who's coming)

Where: Starting in La Crosse, WI at Rod's Ride On Powersports and traveling 130 miles through 3 states with 3 stops and ending at La Crescent, MN. Ride starts at 10 am and should end around 3 pm. Day of event registration starts at 8:30 am.

Registration/Donation: $25 pre-registration, $30 day of event. Online: Go to: elizabethmeldebenefit.com and look into events or, Send check to Steve Holman, PO Box 72, La Crescent, MN 55947, or Call Rod's Ride On Powersports at: 608-788-4514 and ask for Eric.

If you can't make the ride, consider donating to our cause.

Thank you,

LTC Steve

http://www.elizabethmeldebenefit.com/documents/060912rally.pdf

Just a bump.....

The link is the rally poster........

Yep going to be a warm one, should be nice riding. good thing is we should have shade going up the river to LaCressent. Steve and me went and swept off the corners and intersections and put up sighns and arrows so we can find our way.

For a first time deal,this was one of the best well run events we have attended...

Kudos to Steve,Orlin and all the volunteers...A job well done.

For those that missed it,plan it for next year...Gives you a great chance to ride some of the best roads in Wisconsin.....

Jim and Diane,it was our pleasure to meet you....

I see alot more good times in our future....:beer:

A hugh thank you to the Venture Riders that attended the Cancer Schmancer Motorcycle Rally on the 9th of June. It was a great ride for a great cause. The day was excellent with the weather and the ride had something for everyone. Pictures will be forth coming.

I was great to meet the other members of this group that I have only communicated by threads on this site. The comments were extremely positive about every aspect of the event.

Plans for next year are being made. Thanks again to all that attended and looking forward to meeting those that will be attending next year.

LTC Steve