Anybody have a lead on where a guy might find replacements for the hard bags on my '96 RS TD? Had someone rear-end me at a red light, destroyed one and scratched up the other. Really I could get by with just the new lid for the left one...

Would you buy a set of Harley bags?

Hey all I care is if they fit, and they don't clash with my colors. I have the black & tan, so could go with all black if need be.

Red & Black probably wouldn't work for my bike, but thanks!

Hey,

I have a set of OEMs from a 98 RSTD that are Black and grey. I am missing one lid however, I believe it is the right side so if the bags were the same and your right lid is in tack I will swing you a deal. PM me if you are interested, I would have put the link to the ad here but I am not sure how but there are pics of the bags on the ad.

All the best,

Norm

the bags on the 96-01 royals are differant from the 99-present venture and 05-present tds, the lids are latched on both ends. lots of guys has lost a lid if they don't fasten them down right. you can go to a set of newer bags off the others but you need to change both bags, thats what i did on my 01 royal blvd, i put the whole frames and bags from a 03 midnight venture. the muffler mount is differant also, the 96-01 is vertical and newer is 90 degree mount. pinwall store on e-bay has a couple of setson there last time i looked.

the bags on the 96-01 royals are differant from the 99-present venture and 05-present tds, the lids are latched on both ends. lots of guys has lost a lid if they don't fasten them down right. you can go to a set of newer bags off the others but you need to change both bags, thats what i did on my 01 royal blvd, i put the whole frames and bags from a 03 midnight venture. the muffler mount is differant also, the 96-01 is vertical and newer is 90 degree mount. pinwall store on e-bay has a couple of setson there last time i looked.

Not sure about the '96s, :confused24: but the Venture bags were a direct swap fit on my '98 RSTC II, which has a 4 into 2 exhaust and came with soft leather slant bags.