IGNORED

Gas is headed to a Buck a Gallon

Ozlander

When I was stationed in Wichita, KS (keeping the VCong out of KS) some guy west of the river would start jacking his prices down, then the gas wars were on.

Price then,,1970 was like .35-.40. They battled to .17/gallon once.

Finally, the competing stations would line up around his station and continue to circle around and fill up,,,, taking their time with drops per pass. He would give up and do it again next month.

That been happening much there lately????

Who'da thunk we'd be getting excited about $3.50/gal.... 3 years ago...... :whistling:

When I filled up my '53 Ford for the road trip to school in Denver back in '60 it cost me 19.9/gal with my penny off coupons. I couldn't believe it when I heard that the going price was .36/gal in Colorado...

did ya get green stamps too??

Can't remember. Blue Chips and the stamp wars wouldn't happen until the late '60's. Remember 20X blue chips? I was driving a company car, and would have to fill up daily. I'd come home at the end of the week with the glove box full of stamps..... :)

Edited by Condor

sigh... 4.22/Gal here in lovely south central california.... was 4.11 the last time I was at that Shell station on TUESDAY this week.

In those outlying towns they kinda gotcha. Who's gonna drive 20 miles to save a dime... It was like that even in Visalia when we lived there... although not quite as bad.

Gas is headed to a buck a gallon

That would be the solution. Just think how many from the United States would go out and buy a new truck, some might even get 3/4 or 1 ton.

Few months later, everyoneback to work and hard to find good employee's :rotf:

Brad

$4.30 in San Diego... just south of the huge LA refineries who also ship to Arizona, Nevada, etc. where it's up to 60 cents cheaper ????

That's because of all the extra crapofornia additives they require, and all the extra taxes they slap on a gallon.... but it ain't political....... :whistling: