IGNORED

What are these two things...

KIC

I found these in the rear case of one of the carcases that I bought yesterday. There are two of them, each one is very heavy for it's size. They have a rubber cap/stop on each end and two o-rings in the middle.

Anybody have any idea what they are ? :confused24:

I found these in the rear case of one of the carcases that I bought yesterday. There are two of them, each one is very heavy for it's size. They have a rubber cap/stop on each end and two o-rings in the middle.

Anybody have any idea what they are ? :confused24:

They look like handle bar weights.

I think they are superhypatubanator drain plug oil filters, if the get loose you will loose all your purple fluid. :whistling:

Or they could be these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-MAXIM-XJ700-HANDLEBAR-WEIGHTS-FREE-SHIPPING-/350126415708

Yepper ..that is what they are. Your link listing was removed but I saw some other ones. Thanks.

Have never seen these types before, just the ones that screw onto the end of the bars. Do they really have a benefit ? Do all the bikes come with them or are they an after market type item ?

I have not checked either of my bikes to see if they have them.

Found these on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/86-XVZ1300-XVZ-1300-13-Venture-handle-bar-end-weights-/220842536501?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336b3dae35&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/83-XVZ1200-XVZ-1200-Venture-handle-bar-handlebar-weight-/220823712007?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336a1e7107&vxp=mtr

superhypatubanator man that is a big word :happy65:wonder if you could add a relay to that? :scratchchin:

If you attached a relay to a led through a switch that would let you know when the drain plug oil filter was loose you might save a lot on purple fluid.

So...getting back on track.... are these in all bikes or are they an aftermarket type accessory ?

Do they actually add anything to the riding comfort of the bike ?

:confused24:

So...getting back on track.... are these in all bikes or are they an aftermarket type accessory ?

Do they actually add anything to the riding comfort of the bike ?

:confused24:

They are not listed separately on the parts fiche, but that could be because they are a sub-assembly.

I think they are a standard fitment ... anyway, my '86 has them.

They are in both of my 83's, (I am the 2nd owner of one of the 83's:happy65: and have known the bike since it was new.:)) And my 85 has them as well.:)They were OEM.

I have not ridden without them, so I do not know if they help or not.

Actually, they put them in there to trip the sensors at a traffic light. Tupperware doesn't work on those metal detectors!

Wait, I know, they are there to scramble radar detectors so the police don't know how really fast we are going...