IGNORED

1st Gen Carcasses -Pt3. Surprise included...

KIC

So I finally was able to connect with the owner of the bike junkyard and finalize the deal for the 2 MK1 carcasses he had rotting away in his yard. Got a big surprise though..

I had been wanting to buy the blonde and a frame that had the motor and rear drive train but not much more.

When the owner directed an employee to help me " load the two Ventures" we walked out to the yard. I went looking for the frame as they had cleaned up and moved things around. The employee pointed to the gold one and said that one and this one... I was still looking ion the other direction for the frame. When I said " they moved it ... I can't find it.." He said "it's right there..." He was pointing to a different Venture with a lot more parts on it. I hadn't seen that one before. He said " that's the two the boss said to load" .

So, I got both. A better deal than what I thought I had. The first picture is the frame I thought I was getting... the purple bike is what I got. :happy65:

Here are the pictures:

Hey Bill,

I am not sure what you paid for the two bikes, but the brake rotors alone are worth a small fortune, considering that you can no longer get these rotors from Yamaha! It is also very good that you live in such a dry climate, as far as the mechanical parts go. (like those exposed Carbs.) It is a bit tuff on the plastic parts though. It does look as though you have enough parts between the two bikes to almost make a decent MKI VR!

This should turn out to be a fun project. Be sure to keep us posted on your results.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey Bill,

I am not sure what you paid for the two bikes, but the brake rotors alone are worth a small fortune, considering that you can no longer get these rotors from Yamaha! It is also very good that you live in such a dry climate, as far as the mechanical parts go. (like those exposed Carbs.) It is a bit tuff on the plastic parts though. It does look as though you have enough parts between the two bikes to almost make a decent MKI VR!

This should turn out to be a fun project. Be sure to keep us posted on your results.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Well....not going to try to make one out of two. Figured it was worth having the parts available for others. Just be nice having the right screws, bolts etc available. All the rotors on the brunette bike seem pretty good. The blonde one's has some grooves. The rear tire on one is really nice, but I need to check the age from the code to see how old it is. Both have coils, but no TCI.

Both forks appear to be in good condition, not leaking or anything. I'll take my camera next time and take a bunch of pictures of each one in case anybody sees something they need. Just glad that they aren't just rotting in the junk yard and might keep others on the road. :sun:

Yep. You got it bad don't you....:whistling:

If we are counting numbers... i would say I am only 2 behind you and closing fast ..:rotf:I might try to pick up that last carcass if I can find it in the junk yard. I know i need to get a chrome radiator frame off of it for another member..

Hey Bill,

Nice grab. P/S I think I see a left side chrome air intake for the left fairing. I have been looking for one for awhile now. If it is in good shpe and if you are willing to part with it I would be interested in it.:backinmyday:

Hey Bill,

Nice grab. P/S I think I see a left side chrome air intake for the left fairing. I have been looking for one for awhile now. If it is in good shpe and if you are willing to part with it I would be interested in it.:backinmyday:

Yea..both bikes only have the left side chrome. Too bad one didn't have a right side one.

Good find and an even better deal..... Some folks just come out smelling like a rose. :rotfl: :rotfl:

:15_8_211[1]:

Well actually by the time I was done unloading them I smelled more like a sweaty grease pile, but thanks anyways . :sun: