IGNORED

Excited but sad at the same time...

lshafer

Well,

I'm the proud owner of a brand new Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic but it was tough to part with the RSTD. It was a nice bike and very mechanically sound. It had everything I wanted at the time of purchase but as the years went by I found I wanted more. Alas, I just can't bring myselft to upgrade to the Venture knowing Yamaha hasn't done anything to really update or improve it in years. I'm not bashing - please don't think I am. They are really great bikes. I just decided they aren't my cup of tea.

So, I intend to hang around this forum so I can continue to learn from a very knowledgable group of riders. I know there are a few out there that ride HD's. So, I'll become one of the few.

Below is a pic of my new ride. It's Ember Red Sunglo in color. In the sunlight it sparkles with gold flecks. It's really nice paint. This picture doesn't do it much justice but you get the idea.

Keep it between the ditches everyone.

Les

Beautiful looking bike.:thumbsup2: Hope you get years of enjoyment on it. And please do not take us seriously when we make fun of Harleys...its all in fun. Riding a motor bike is what its all about. Mr Honda, Mr Yamaha, Mr Harley, Mr Kawasaki or Mr Bum...:confused07:, non of these are my uncles and none sends me a cheque end of year.

Its all about personal choices and different bikes fit different people. There is not one ideal bike out there perfect for every one.

Glad that you are not abandoning us and have decided to stay here. No need to be sad...you should be happy.

:beer:

Nice ride, I hope you many years of enjoyable riding. My buddy JD Holbrook rides a Road King. We have ridden all over the Eastern US. Good bikes I say. Everyone his own, and very glad you stayed with us. BEAUTIFUL BIKE !!!!

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Guest scarylarry

Sharp bike nothing rides or sounds like a HD..

I'm trying to pull the trigger on a CVO finding one like I want is not easy...

Beautiful bike. I'm thinking that I may never buy another bike as my '99 will likely do me for the rest of my riding days but if I were to, The Ultra would be one of about 2 or 3 bikes that I would consider. The Victory Cross Country or Cross Tour...don't remember which, would be another one. Of course the Venture would be too depending upon what Yamaha ends up doing with it.

First off let me just say that is a great motorcycle that will bring many miles of reliable and fun riding. HD's new product is really great and I think that they have nearly eliminated all mechanical issues with thier bikes.

There is a reason that Yamaha hasn't messed with the Royal Stars. "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I personally think it is a huge benefit of ownership knowing that Yamaha hasn't changed much about my current 2009 RSTD since they were introduced in 1996. And before that they have been producing the same engine since around 1983. Proven reliability. Over and over and over...............

Lastly one huge benefit to owning my RS is that it is not often that I pass someone on the road riding a Royal Star or a Venture for that matter. Almost everytime I ride I pass someone on thier HD.

I'd like to know how much you layed out for that one!

The dealer dropped the bike down to $21,000. I called about 10 different dealers within 150 mile radius of my home and found this to be about $1000 less than anyone. I actually had a couple well respected dealers tell me there was NO WAY they could get to that price and they wouldn't hesitate a bit to buy it. They said that price is almost unheard of, especially this time of year. The only thing I can think of is that they really needed to move some stock. Anyway, I'm very happy with how the deal worked out.

To all - thank you for your kind words. I really look forward to hanging around here and would really like to make it to some of Wisconsins local events. Provided people don't point and laugh when I drive in.:rotf:Look at it this way, if I attend a maintenance day everyone will have something to fix!!!:confused24::stirthepot:

Well, I'm the proud owner of a brand new Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic but it was tough to part with the RSTD. Les

Jeez Les, I told you I'd come up and help you put that rear drive back together.:doh:

You didn't have to go and switch brands.:bang head:

:sign just kidding:

That should be a great bike for you. I rode HDs for 18 years before I switched to this RSV.

Hope to see you at WIMD, Scooter Bob

I dont care what brand you ride, all bikes have some drawbacks. When you are buying new, the prices of all of them are high. When you are buying, dont make compromises to save a few bucks here and there. The bike should speak to you and touch something inside. When you come across that bike, you'll know it. Doesnt matter if its a wing, venture, victory, or HD.

Ya Done GOOD. Nice color.......:bowdown:

Nice ride. A friend of mine just bought the same bike, same color and all. He even let me ride it....WOW HD ain't what they used to be are they. I could'nt believe how smooth it was. I would have to get risers and bars if I owned one....Sweet though. Congratulations!