IGNORED

Interested in the Snagglestuds? Talk to me!

Snaggletooth

The other day I posted about a recent project I had done. My handlebars extention studs for the 1st gen bikes. I had a few responses that some of you were interested in them. It turned out Bob Myers had done something much like my studs back in '08, much shorter than mine are at 4 inches and he made his at a much higher level of quality than I was able to. He actually has the right tools!!!

So I contacted Bob and we talked about it. He has offered to make some of these sets for the guys interested, if there are enough to justify setting it up.

So in the exchange with Bob the questions discussed where the material and the big one was how long should they be? Bob is looking at using 1" aluminum in stead of the 7/8" I did mine out of.

The one Bob did for his bike is the 1st picture. Mine are the second shot. Which one looks better? Hello Mr. Myers!

With mine at 4" on the bars there is exactly 4" between the inner ends. Some of you were interested in shorter ones.

So for those that are interested in a set, or one, or a handful post your preference for for how long you would want them on this thread and we shall see what the choices are and what can be done to get this rolling.

I can't give any idea of what the cost might be until we hit on some specs for Bob.

By the way..... these will probably not be available in wood at this time. Sorry. :stirthepot:

Let us know.

Mike

The other day I posted about a recent project I had done. My handlebars extention studs for the 1st gen bikes. I had a few responses that some of you were interested in them. It turned out Bob Myers had done something much like my studs back in '08, much shorter than mine are at 4 inches and he made his at a much higher level of quality than I was able to. He actually has the right tools!!!

So I contacted Bob and we talked about it. He has offered to make some of these sets for the guys interested, if there are enough to justify setting it up.

So in the exchange with Bob the questions discussed where the material and the big one was how long should they be? Bob is looking at using 1" aluminum in stead of the 7/8" I did mine out of.

The one Bob did for his bike is the 1st picture. Mine are the second shot. Which one looks better? Hello Mr. Myers!

With mine at 4" on the bars there is exactly 4" between the inner ends. Some of you were interested in shorter ones.

So for those that are interested in a set, or one, or a handful post your preference for for how long you would want them on this thread and we shall see what the choices are and what can be done to get this rolling.

I can't give any idea of what the cost might be until we hit on some specs for Bob.

By the way..... these will probably not be available in wood at this time. Sorry. :stirthepot:

Let us know.

Mike

Since I have learned to live with a shorter one, that would be my preference. I would like a pair.

Gary

I just checked the hole dia. in the riser and it is 1.020" dia., so 1" would be snug, but would fit.

The shoulder on the nut is .907" dia. Picture of it attached FWIW. It is the extra length welded one I did. Don't have it on at this point.

Gary

Since I already have a long one and a pair...

I'd like two short ones please in polished aluminum (less mass on the handlebars=faster response) trimmed in cocobolo with my monogram engraved and inset with sterling on the end.

Thanks for asking, Mike. Look forward to the estimate.

Since I already have a long one and a pair...

I'd like two short ones please in polished aluminum (less mass on the handlebars=faster response) trimmed in cocobolo with my monogram engraved and inset with sterling on the end.

Thanks for asking, Mike. Look forward to the estimate.

mee too!!! i want mine to fire out of a Desert Eagle....with a werewolf load! but no initials....dont want THEM to find me...plus it could be traced back to you!

I'm torn, I like the bullet shape of Bobs but the length of Mikes

NO, that was too easy...........ill be good.....:smile5:

I'm torn, I like the bullet shape of Bobs but the length of Mikes

I'm sure Bob can do the bullet shape on whatever ends up.

But the question still rides guys......how long do you want them to be for your applicatoins?

How much space do you want available?

The short one?........ :crackup: You guy ain't making this easy.

Edited by Snaggletooth

ok I want to be able to hang my gps on one side and a cup holder on the other. My gps mount is just like yours and cup holder should be close to the same. I havent measured it but does that help?

David

Yep. One item to a side would probably be about 3". The thing to consider is the over lap of the item mounted. Like the waterproof case for my GPS is wide so that covers a fair bit of the stud on the rear side. Something you wanted to mount on the same side of the bike on that stud may not fit mounted on the rear of the stud. Depending on the item it might fit turned mounted towards the front of the stud.

Even at 4" two mounts to a side can be a bit tight.

Ok...... I'm waiting to hear from Bob on how long his "Short" one is.

But this is the list of interested parties so far. I'll try to keep this updated so Bob can see what is wanted.

Dingy Short 2

Trader Short 1?

reddevilmedic (contacting)

Prairiehammer Short 2

painterman67 Short 2

calgaryrider Short 2

Wizard765 Short 2

Jayceefolly Short 2

tz89 Short 2

motorcycle.jockey Short 2

As of 050912

Edited by Snaggletooth

I heard back from Bob and he says his short version I posted the pic of is about 3.5 inches.

Bob mentioned he had an idea for those of you interested it being able to install RAM mounts on the studs also and we are looking at that now before I post the details.

He mentioned the number on cost for a pair would probably be in the area of $35.00. We are talking shipping now to see what he wants to do.

Progress is being made.

More info later.

Mike

I just heard from Bob. He has been moving and his Internet has been a bit iffy. He says he has heard from 4 of the guys that wanted these so if you are interested fire him a PM and let him know.

He's hoping to have the Internet issue fixed tomorrow.

Mike