IGNORED

Air Suspension System, help needed

Hello,

The air suspension isn't working on my 1986 Venture Royale XVZ13T DS/DSC. According to the error message it should be a faulty pressure sensor (Yamaha part no. 31M-85981-00-00) and I bought that sensor already.

But here is the point: I cannot find the original sensor on the bike to replace it !!!!!!!!

According to Yamaha's very rough scetches it should be located somewhere around the speedometer or levelling computer panel.

Can somebody help me out with the exact location of that sensor? Thanks

Bernhard

I think the pressure sensor is with the valve block under the trunk. And it quite likely isn't the cause of your E4 error.

The connector on the back of the controller is soldered to a circuit board, and there is nothing close to mechanically support it. As it flexes it cracks the solder joints between the plug and the board. Unless you have really good eyes you won't be able to see the crack. This condition often throws the E4 error. I suggest you open the controller and re-solder the connector.

The good news is it's easier and cheaper than the pressure sensor. Bad news is you already own a new pressure sensor.......

**EDIT**

I just checked the book. Pressure sensor screws into the valve body which is under the trunk.

Edited by MiCarl
Looked up the info.