IGNORED

Don't ride behind a Harley...

GolfVenture

In a small group ride, I rode behind a set of Twin Harleys, His and Hers. They were exact duplicates right down to the last rivit....beautiful bikes. The colors were the only difference. Every accessory added they had to pay twice. They even sound the same. That was all I hear for the next 8 hours of riding. The Thundering of the Famous Harley. I could not even enjoy the throaty sound of my 91 VR, when hitting my throttle for the Harley Thunder drowned my 91VR out to liken an electric bike.

Next time, I'll lead and show them what progressive springs are all about...

I know the feeling....was behind one of those almost for the whole day yesterday when i went for a group day ride with some friends....it was a yamaha roadstar with after market pipes, though....:Avatars_Gee_George:

Good point! ... it's not just the Harleys that have loud pipes. In fact, they could be Yamaha V*'s, Victorys, Kawas, and a few others. We shouldn't be singling out the Harleys on this one. :banana:

My niece has a v star 650 classic at first she drilled the mufflers and it wasn't loud enough so she picked up a set of long shots and now she has graduated to the back of the pack. We followed her and it is kind of annoying after a while. But she is happy. So it could be any brand that is to loud to follow behind.

Richie R

Good point! ... it's not just the Harleys that have loud pipes. In fact, they could be Yamaha V*'s, Victorys, Kawas, and a few others. We shouldn't be singling out the Harleys on this one. :banana:

True, but some of the bikes other than Harleys and 2nd gens might give us a run for our money as to who leads.......:stirthepot:

I have to admit I to often blame the HD guys. But metrics are just as bad about it with aftermarket pipes. To me unfortunatly the metrics sound worse. Sort of like and old Wisconson 2cyl thrashing motor or something. Not a good sound at all. I aint slower, I just choose to drop back so I dont have an ear ache when we get there.

True, but some of the bikes other than Harleys and 2nd gens might give us a run for our money as to who leads.......:stirthepot:

ya just HAD to slip that one in there didntcha! :stickpoke: :Laugh:

One thing is for sure and that is everyone has a problem following a Wing ..... coz ya can't keep up with us!! :rasberry: :stirthepot:

Just in all first gens have been recalled, due to all the Tupperware flying off and creating a safety hazard on the highways. So you will just have to buy a 2 gen and slow down!! :stirthepot:

Richie R

RICHIE!!!! are you saying a second gen is slow...er ?? BAD BaD BAD .... go to the corner!!

:rotf:

Guest tx2sturgis

I guess the speed demons here are discounting the average Harley V-Rod which can cover the 1/4 mile in about 12 seconds, and the GoldWing does it in about 14 seconds. Give or take, and all stock, both bikes. (14 seconds is respectable for a touring bike, not saying it aint)

Comparing one model of one manufacturer (Honda) to an entire range of models from another manufacturer seems to be missing the point.

It would be like me comparing a Chevy Corvette to all models that Ford makes. Not quite apples to apples.

If that rider in front of your GoldWing is on a V-Rod, and he or she decides to open it up, you wont be seeing them for long.

Just sayin.

I guess the speed demons here are discounting the average Harley V-Rod which can cover the 1/4 mile in about 12 seconds, and the GoldWing does it in about 14 seconds. Give or take, and all stock, both bikes. (14 seconds is respectable for a touring bike, not saying it aint)

Comparing one model of one manufacturer (Honda) to an entire range of models from another manufacturer seems to be missing the point.

It would be like me comparing a Chevy Corvette to all models that Ford makes. Not quite apples to apples.

If that rider in front of your GoldWing is on a V-Rod, and he or she decides to open it up, you wont be seeing them for long.

Just sayin.

There you go using common sense again.

In a small group ride, I rode behind a set of Twin Harleys, His and Hers. They were exact duplicates right down to the last rivit....beautiful bikes. The colors were the only difference. Every accessory added they had to pay twice. They even sound the same. That was all I hear for the next 8 hours of riding. The Thundering of the Famous Harley. I could not even enjoy the throaty sound of my 91 VR, when hitting my throttle for the Harley Thunder drowned my 91VR out to liken an electric bike.

Next time, I'll lead and show them what progressive springs are all about...

Its gona be hard to lead the show when your tow rope is tied to the back of the Harley.:stirthepot:

Just sayin.

Who's comparing ... and who cares ... it's all a lotta kibitzing.

On that note, I'd like to see a V-rod try to outrun a 1st gen, a 2nd gen, or a Wing on the twisties ... ain't gonna happen! It's sole purpose is to get from one Harley bar to the other faster. (more kibitzing) :stirthepot:

Guest tx2sturgis
Who's comparing ... and who cares ... it's all a lotta kibitzing.

On that note, I'd like to see a V-rod try to outrun a 1st gen, a 2nd gen, or a Wing on the twisties ... ain't gonna happen! It's sole purpose is to get from one Harley bar to the other faster. (more kibitzing) :stirthepot:

Oh...flame bait huh?

ahhh...well If you ever find a 'Harley bar'....I will buy you a Harley beer.

:sign I win:

(they used to actually license the name for use on beer, but as far as I know, not a bar.)

Oh...flame bait huh?

ahhh...well If you ever find a 'Harley bar'....I will buy you a Harley beer.

:sign I win:

(they used to actually license the name for use on beer, but as far as I know, not a bar.)

Oh geeeez.... yes, you win ... ya caught me on a technicality!