IGNORED

First gen shifting cam missing pin

I have picked up a 1983 venture for a parts bike but it is in good condition so i am going to get it running. First thing i did was clean the carborators and it ran pretty good, took it for a short ride only to find out i could not shift into 4th or 5th, after checking a few things and reading in the forums i took apart the clutch only to find a pin missing there is only 5 pins with one tab bent over and the pin is nowhere to be found. I have removed the oil pan only to find no pin there either. Could someone tell me where i can get the updated one that has a soild cover to hold the pins in. I will also need a pan gasket and a pin. Does anyone have any idea where the pin went. Not sure if that is why the other owner sold as parts bike. Have looked on top of oil pump and around that area. Any help would be great. Thanks Dave

You can get the updated part from a dealer. Any later model V-Max not including the newest. When I did mine I got the pins and the plate as well

Segment (basket) Part Number 4NK-18185-00-00 $26.98

Pins (5 needed) 93604-12037-00 $129 ea

Pin (1 needed) 93603-10049-00 $1.05

Pin (1 needed) 93604-16092-00 $1.05

Stopper Plate 4NK-18141-00-00 $10.06

Prices are from Partshark

It's my understanding that a 2ndGen part will fit in there and it one piece. Pins will not fall out ever again. Not sure what the part number is, but I'm sure someone will chime in here with it....