IGNORED

changed out the blocked pilots to 17.5

My new to me 2005 Venture had been sitting for a few months before I bought it and no suprise two of the pilots were blocked, cold headers after start up, I used some Seafoam at 50% mix but it was a long shot and did not clear the pilots.

After reading Freebirds guide to carb removal and buying some 17.5 pilot jets I set to work, it was not as bad as I thought and took me about an hour to pull the carbs fit the 17.5 pilots and put it all back together. I set the pms to 2.5 turns out.

She started right up with a little choke and did not need more than a minute to warm on choke, then I went for a test ride, ooooh nice and smooth at low revs, next task will be to balance the carbs but that can wait until next weekend.

Guest scarylarry

Welcome roadminge I'm right down the street from you...

I have a carbtune your welcome to use...

Guest scarylarry

My number is in my profile bring up here, we will get it synch. then head to Busters in the boro for a burger...

Oh by the way if you haven't been there, then you ain't ate a burger yet..

On Edit: save the money it isn't something that has to be done every month and I'm always around..

Did you check your float levels when you had your carbs apart? I put 17.5 pilots in mine last week and I checked my float levels and they were .19-.23 none of them were the same. So I put them at .34 and my pms at 2 3/4 and none of them were the same. They ranged from 3 3/4 to 2 turns. It runs much better and cold starts are way better.

This is a great site and I got all the carb info from here.

Richie R

Shaun

Barb and I will be in Mufreesboro visiting our daughter this weekend, so if you want to get together and show me some of your favorite rides, that'd be great. Either that, or if you're going to sync. your carbs this weekend, PM me your address and I could come over for some bench racing. We'll be arriving Friday afternoon, but we'll probably be busy then (our grandson is having a concert at school). As of right now, we have no concrete plans for Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Tuesday we're heading to South Carolina.

Frank D.

Well I can't give an accurate reading yet but I used to go 55 miles before the first bar on the gas gauge would go off. This time out it didn't go off until 61 miles so hopefully my mileage has gotten a little better. I will report back when I have more info.

Richie R

I did 130 miles on the 4 lane and speedo was between 70-90 mph and I got 38.7 mpg. Which is still the same well really its half a mpg better. But I did do a bunch of really hard acceleration bursts in passing some morons on the road. At 72 mph my speedo reads 79 mph.

Richie R