Is anyone out there loaning/renting a valve shim kit? I can't verify that the PO ever checked the valves and one of the cover gaskets seems to be leaking, so I might as well pull it apart and make sure.

Thanks in advance,

Iz

When I first got here this year there was a thread about a loaner valve shim tool/kit making its way about. The deal is you pay freight and buy gaskets from him. I'll do some looking and see if I can find out who it was, incase someone dont post info sooner.

I do loan my shop kit out. I don't charge for the loan of the kit. It has about 65 shims in it, it has a set of metric feeler gages and the Bucket Shim Tool. I ask that you purchase a set of valve cover gaskets from me, if you use a shim from the kit, you replace that shim with a shim from your bike. (doesn't matter what size) and you pay for USPS Insured, Priority Mail Shipping both ways. In the very unlikely event that you break the Bucket Shim Tool, that you do the right thing, and replace it. There is a member on the forum that sells these tools at a discount for the VR.ORG Members. I keep the valve cover gaskets in stock. If you are interested, feel free to contact me. :thumbsup2:

Earl

I knew I saw it when I first joined. To bad my tool for an FJ 1200 dont work, then I'd be all set. I gots shims, dozens of them. Probably not the ones I'll ned when I go to adjut them though. :depressed: