IGNORED

OK...it is official I am selling my 89 VR

MikeZ06Allen

Took me awhile to work up the courage to sell my 89 VR. This was my first true touring bike and I have throughly enjoyed it.

I am looking for something a little smaller, possibly a FJR so I can do some canyon carving here in the Texas Hill Country.

If interested in my VR check out the classifieds and inputs on what my next bike should be are welcome as well.

If you like the FJR you should also consider the Kawasaki Concours and the Honda ST1100/1300. All great bikes and all have similiar sites to this one that should be a great place to gather information and ask questions. :080402gudl_prv:

• 2 weeks later...

Well my VR is gone :( . Went home with a very nice guy from Corpus last Friday night. I put alot of work into her and throughly enjoyed riding but the time has come to find something a little different. Not better just different.

A special thanks goes out to Lonestarmedic (JB to his friends) for showing the bike and handling the logistics as I am on travel. I am sure Captain Chuck (yep he is a true bona fide Captain) left with more knowledge than he could handle. Thanks again JB.

So with that I am in the hunt amazed at the plethora of available options. Everything from the FZ1 to a Goldwing has caught my eye for one reason or another. I think I have boiled my choices down to the Yamaha FJR or an Honda Goldwing 1800. My inclinations are for the FJR but man the Wing is NICE!

Edited by MikeZ06Allen

Take the FJR, the Wings great, but she's got less lean than the FJR. That and I think the FJR gets better mpg than the Wing, my dads Wing on ever gets 33 or so. Sometimes 35. Far cry for the off the floor 43 MPG!

Though if you still want a wing, stick to the 06-11. 12 I think--if I read everything CORRECTLY--just got costmetic upgrades, and a few things moved around, but nothing shattering.

Though I'm thinking Concours myself, they offer a bigger trunk :D

I ride a Concours 14. Love the bike. I never think of trading . I always think " what can I get to go with it". Its fast. A lot faster then I really need. But its nice to have it some times. The only thing I dont like is the Kipass system. If you lose a key fob it will cost a couple of hundred to replace it. If you lose both of them it will cost a couple of thousand. They have to replace the computer. Other then that I would buy another one in a concours second.:7_6_2[1]:

Cant believe my buddy K-Rider abandoned me at work. That Concours is a beautiful bike, I am looking at getting one as soon as I finish the Venture and get the V Star sold.

I ride a Concours 14. Love the bike. I never think of trading . I always think " what can I get to go with it". Its fast. A lot faster then I really need. But its nice to have it some times. The only thing I dont like is the Kipass system. If you lose a key fob it will cost a couple of hundred to replace it. If you lose both of them it will cost a couple of thousand. They have to replace the computer. Other then that I would buy another one in a concours second.:7_6_2[1]: